• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cross Bar Ranch

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Jennings
One thing is for sure, Oklahoma has it's fair share of rocks. these rocks were considerably nicer than the INT rocks though. Plus I was on a little more manageable bike.

We had nine riders total. I only remember a few of the names and one of those is mine so I'm not even going to try to name them all. A few of the nine bailed out after the first lap.

It felt a little strange being the only four stroke left but I headed off for a short loop following the smell of pre-mix so I wouldn't get lost. I think I ended up with about 35 miles. I sat out the last big loop because I had the flu all week and was feeling a bit whooped after one long loop and one short loop.

There was a good mix of open filed, tight woods, and rocky climbs. I think the best part of the ride was when you would pop out of the woods into a filed and be greeted with a sea of yellow, purple, and red wildflower. You would come up a long rocky climb to top out and look over a valley that was filled with the same. Cross Bar is only 30-40 minutes farther than Red
River and well worth the extra drive.

Here's a few pictures. Nothing spectacular, but nice anyway.

163724001-M.jpg

http://chrisjennings.smugmug.com/photos/163724001-M.jpg
163724061-M.jpg

http://chrisjennings.smugmug.com/photos/163724061-M.jpg

HOLY COW that was a fun ride.......well, all except the part where I nearly submerged the KTM. And once again Chris, thanks for helping me get that thing out of the creek. You know, I can't believe more people don't go ride that place.

Awesome ride guys !

I had a good time. I think we ended up with around 55 miles. the long loop a couple time and the short loop once. I hear this year they plan to start opening up the other half of the 6500 acres they own. Plus the will start RV parking,pavillions etc
I love that new Bell helmet !
Mike Green

Back