• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi there!

D

DucGirl

just thought I would stop in and say hi! Adam told me about this place, so i figured I would stop in a see what's up!

I live in College Station, going to school at A&M. I have a 01 Ducati 750 Sport. it's black with orange wheels and a carbon high pipe kit.

if ya see me around town wave!

Welcome aboard! There is a tentative B/CS ride being planned so keep an eye out.

Howdy DucGirl,

:tab Welcome to the site. The bike sounds like a looker, got any pics?

Adios,

I do have some pics but not on my work computer. I'll have to get some up tonight. The pics I do have are before the exhaust was put on, I'll have to take some new ones with the exhaust once it's washed.....all this rain sucks....though this week looks like a good one! Perfect for riding!

When is this trip being planned? I guess I'll look around on the site and see if I see anything about it posted!

I am leaving right now to explore some routes!

It will probably be one of the weekends Scott is off on one of his grand adventures so that it doesn't conflict with any other local rides.

Hey Jan...Glad to see you made it over here...

Hey Philip.. i was going to try to get a ride going for this saturday, my schedule opened up so I want to get out and ride.. Pm me if you want to get something organized...

I think I might be game for thsi saturday in the AM....I think Monte has to work though so he won't be able to join on his Duc :-(

Hi Jan!

I used to have a '99 750SS, which is almost identical to your bike. It was lots of fun and ran like a champ. If you have any questions about maintaining or modifying your Duc, drop me a note - I probably already did it or at least researched it.

Welcome aboard fellow biker chic!
Can't wait to meet you in person on one of the upcoming rides. Get more of your gal friends on two wheels to come out too - the more the merrier! (hey, something's got to be done about all the puddles of testosterone I keep riding through)

She won't ride with you. You have an orange bike and she goes to Texas A&M. :-P

hey - I don't care what color or what kind of bike you have....I JUST WANT TO RIDE!! hehehe

with the weather the way it is right now I can't think about anything else...

just changed my oil for the first time after the rebuild (courtesy of Ducati North America)

Everything looks clean and the bike runs stronger than before!

Scratch: I do have a small problem right now. The bike is stock other than the high pipe kit. At about 4grand I have a pop and a lag. I think i am running lean right at that point. I know that on the fuel injected ducs there isn't much room for playing performance wise with the factory computer. i am looking at the USB commander to help this problem. That and once I do that I can go ahead and replace the filter with a more high flowing one. That's probably as far as I want to go for performance on the bike. I am far from pushing it to it's limit as it is right now. i want to push it before i get more out of it.

that and we have another project that takes all of our money......a supercharged dakota R/T....lol

hehe... hehe... he said orange... hehe hehe... :rofl

Adios,

DucGirl said:
Scratch: I do have a small problem right now. The bike is stock other than the high pipe kit. At about 4grand I have a pop and a lag. I think i am running lean right at that point. I know that on the fuel injected ducs there isn't much room for playing performance wise with the factory computer. i am looking at the USB commander to help this problem. That and once I do that I can go ahead and replace the filter with a more high flowing one. That's probably as far as I want to go for performance on the bike. I am far from pushing it to it's limit as it is right now. i want to push it before i get more out of it.

that and we have another project that takes all of our money......a supercharged dakota R/T....lol

Supercharged Dakota R/T??? You guys are power junkies - just my kind of people! :mrgreen:

I had the exact same thing happening on my 750. The Power Commander is a good way to go if you can have somebody tune it on a dyno for you. Advanced Motorsports (url = http://www.advancedmotorsports.com/ ) up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is supposed to be one of the best places to get that done for a Ducati. I unplugged the ECU and sent it to Bruce Meyers at BCM Motorsports (url = http://www.bcmducati.com/ ) in New Hampshire. He's developed some fueling maps he can burn onto your ECU that take care of that hiccup and boost performance by a couple of hp. I also bought an ITG air filter from him and cut down the airbox lid. Bolted up a pair of TBR pipes at the same time and everything was good. Sounded awesome too! :twisted:

txmedic said:
She won't ride with you. You have an orange bike and she goes to Texas A&M. :-P

tourmeister said:
hehe... hehe... he said orange... hehe hehe...

It's COPPER!!! :angryfir:

The BCS guys have never had an issue before. Not a single one of them has a maroon bike!

sweet!

I'll look into sending off the ECU, wonder how much it costs?

thing is that I ride my biuke EVERY day. Like most people drive their cars every day, no matter what the weather....that's me on my bike.....hehehe

no pictures yet, had to change the oil last night and found out I have a test friday....oops

Jan,

Welcome to the site!!!! It's great to have another female join the ranks. :lol: We'll all need to get together some time & ride. How long have you been riding? Hope to meet you soon.

DucGirl said:
sweet!

I'll look into sending off the ECU, wonder how much it costs?

thing is that I ride my biuke EVERY day. Like most people drive their cars every day, no matter what the weather....that's me on my bike.....hehehe

It cost me $180.00 plus shipping. It took about two weeks from the time I sent it off to the time it came back, but you might call BCM and ask for a current estimate on the price and turn-around time. It was well worth the wait. 8-)

I think I might do the commander. That way i can just put it back to stock if i want the choice for some reason.....but I'll be waiting a bit...need to pay off the last dyno session for the truck...lol

This is my bike:

My bike

And this is Monte's bike, which I rode this summer while my motor was being rebult....

Monte's bike -big pic!

I know these picstures are big. I haven't purchased anysoftware for my mac for photos other than iPhoto. When I get to work I can resize them and repost them, just thought I would get them up.

[just use the URL instead of the IMG tag for pics over 500 pix wide ;-) Admin]

Those red dancing shoes on your Duc sure look nice. 8-)

I'm almost certain that BCM will load the stock map back into your ECU at no charge if you don't like the results, but you'll have to pay the shipping both ways. The Power Commander has it's benefits too; you might even find a good fuel map for your bike that somebody will share with you for free.

Just curious: Did you have to get your 750 motor rebuilt? If so, why?

yeah - bought the bike used. The lady we bought it from is from SA. She had only put like 3200 miles on the bike and it was out of warranty by like 2 months. got it and about a month later started to really notice some issues. Took it to Ducati Austin and found out that who ever built the motor over in italy must have had too much vino....they shimmed the crank too tight and it ended up causing the crank to be bent....they covered it 100% including labor....would have cost me 5k, what we paid for the bike. They put all new internals in there. Runs better than a new Duc would since the guy took his time to build it. As compared to a mass produced motor built by hand over in italy.....we were lucky...lol

yeah - the only difference between the sport and the super sport is that the sport has a single front rotor and doesn't have the reservoir for the brake fluid, it's different, more like a little box.....whooptie doo...lol

oh, and the bike came from Ducati as flat black ("Dark").....but KC International's owner thinks that it doesn't look finished, so he took it upon himself to have the bike cleared with HIS stickers under the clear....oh well.....it's still rides the same as a regular sport....if i ever go down on it though it will probably be repainted to match the factory look. They also did the wheels, which for some reason look red in pictures but when you see them in person they are orange.....it does this no matter what camera you use....I took those pics with my digital rebel, they look better as far as color but there is just something about them that look different in pictures....lol

I think it looks pretty snazzy as is ;-)

Adios,

Back