• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fun little ride.

KenH

Inactive Member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Haley
Don, Mikael, Rich, and I enjoyed an impromptu dualsport ride from Cleburne down, to and around Lake Whitney, and over to the Brazos River last Sunday. We didn't stop a lot for pictures. Lots of paved twisties, but most have deteriorating black top so there is gravel in spots. Many dirt roads similar to what we rode around Junction, but generally less dirt, more pavement, and greater elevation changes. Several short bet deep water crossings. Special thanks to Mikael for showing us the way. It was a great ride.

Rich's GPS swears this is a road. :eek2:

T-dub's rut in the mud. I kind of idled in to see if T-dub could get stuck. She did. Everyone :rofl: , so I fired her up and spun the tire enough to clean the knobs, and she pulled herself right out. Not bad for a knobbie with almost 12,000 miles on it.

Nobdy was laughing, and nobody tried the mud, either. T-dub in her proudly muddy natural state.

A couple views we enjoyed.

There were prettier views, especially of Lake Whitney, but we didn't stop for pictures. We saw many animals from Africa on the hunting lands. Kind of like shooting ducks of a barrel if you ask me.

One of the roads was the one Mikeal (IDR) took the Junction crew through on the way down there. We had four water crossings - Rich said Tuesday night that Mikeal told him that the water was up 2X to 3X from what it was in April.

Anyway, that road is off FM205, about 100 yards west of FM51 near Paluxy. It winds down and connects to US67 just east of SH 220.

That road was my first exposure to true dual sport riding and it was a white knuckler for me. I just played dumb and followed everyone else through the water... :eek2:

The Sunday crew all missed it in April since Ken started late and met us in Llano and Rich and Don left later in the day and joined us in Junction.

so :thumb: to Mikeal for showing some more folks some of his favorites...

BTW, it's not on the forum calendar, but Mikeal has a birthday tomorrow (Saturday). A little airplane racing bird told me this... :mrgreen:
(this is one of those multiple of 10 birthdays & Mikeal doesn't look that old) :zen:

Back