• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

34th BMW rally trip report

Reaction score
Trip Report:
We arrived in Fredericksburg at 1:30 AM Sat morning (remind me to never do that again). When we got in the hill country we saw a total of five deer off to the side of the road peering at us. Pretty unnerving. We registered at the rally first thing Saturday morning. After that we spent the rest of the day riding the hills. We visited the motorcycle museum, and did roughly 300 miles that day. We arrived back at the rally in time to catch a few events. They had bar B-Q that night and the awards ceremony. By the way Chase was unable to compete for the youngest rider award. You had to have rode a BMW motorcycle to the rally, DUHHHH! ( Listens to and follows instructions never was my strong point) We made it back home around 5:30 PM Sunday with no near misses or close calls. Total miles was 1060. Thank you for those who prayed in our behalf during this trip.

PS: The Hanger Hotel where we stayed was real cool. It's located at the municipal airport. It's been open for a year and a half now. VERY ritzy, they have made an old airport hanger into a hotel. Everything is done in the 50"s. Their main clientele are private plane owners from out of town and out of state.

My childhood friend, Tim Jackson went with us and had a real good time. This was the first real motorcycle trip he has taken. He met up with a couple of other Harley enthusiast and was accepted well.

Thanks to Mom for ironing the patch on my jacket, it really looked official, or so the illegal Mexican thought. We stopped outside of San Antonio at a little store to ask directions. There was this Illegal buying a quart of beer when I ask him if he was from around here. He stammered around looking at the patch on my jacket and my shaved head, hoping I was not with immigration. It was kind of funny

Also Chases little Kawasaki Ninja 250 did perfect. we ran between 75 and 80 mph on most of the trip and it never skipped a beat. ( to Mimz, aka. "Vicki", mostly 75 mph, Love Jeff)

Looks like a lot of fun. I wish I could have made it :-|

Adios,

Back