• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Centerville 150???

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Guillote
Hope everyone made it home alright.
Started out sat. morning,everyone arriving on time witha extra rider showing up at the last min....Off to the hills we went

First stop the tigers which is a rescue habittat off 977 east of leona.Short treck on the road to more dirt until jewet[bunch of nothing there]thru town and back on dirt..Short while later we stopped at a underpass-tunnel that looks like a huge culvert.Beleive it's swifts had dirt clod nest all under the 'culvert',pretty cool.
Back on the road again near lake limestone thru the oilfeilds to the dead end at jewet mine.A local had told of a cut thru private property that allowed local traffic due to the road closure..Neat little 2track with a watercossing[yee-haw].
About that time stuff started falling off the new guys bike[greentree?].Maybe being orange had something to do with it:doh:
Just joking John!!
On to lunch at the gas station[clean one]in Dew.Interesting watress,good food and gas???
Seeing deer ,roadrunners, cows and stuff falling off the orange bike we carried on.About 3/4 of the way thru the ride I gave the guys the option to head back as next loop was probably at least 80-100mi.
Back to home we would go.Logging 150 mi and more for tommorow.
Made it back with some cool mud roads and cow road blocks.Fairly uneventful ride,the weather held true,clear roads and good fella's to ride with.
Desmo and Tx.Dr stayed the night for bar-bq and a fire that was more than bargained for.Anyway waiting till dark to kick off the fire I grabbed what I "assumed" was deisel but evidently some gas had made it's way into the jug???Lighting a fire log to throw into the wood produced a nice fire on my lower legs.What an idiot,I've burned tons off tree's and whammo this happens ??What is that about assume???
Anyhow with the decision of calling an ambulance or sitting in the tub with cold water and chose the latter.Kinda cancelled the sunday ride.Want to say thanks to you guys for helping me out "big thanks". Hope everyone had fun,I did.Be a couple weeks before I can put my boots on,but give me a call,I'll be ready to go again!!!

Scott,

Thanks for hosting the ride! I will post my story maybe tonight.
Here is photo of the famous fire...

Ken

13-1.jpg

Scott

Bummer about the fire. Sorry tohear that happened. Did you take them on my favorite road through the bottom land ?

Ken you should report the tiger picture

Mike Green

Mike that was to be day two,actually day one but???First to 2nd degree burns[rita made me go]but at least it doesn't hurt anymore.

Beleive Ken took more pict's-hint hint.

Mike that was to be day two,actually day one but???First to 2nd degree burns[rita made me go]but at least it doesn't hurt anymore.

Beleive Ken took more pict's-hint hint.

Man go easy on those burns !!!

We will ahve to go by the Tigers when I get Lenda down there. I haven't seen them yet either.............

Yeah more Pics Ken !!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bummer I love riding that bottom land !!
Mike

Sounds like y'all had a good time, glad you are going to be okay Scott. I probably should have gone riding with y'all instead of fishing. I got launched 30' feet out of the front of the boat into about 6" of water, lucky for me a landed on my back and then stood up and I could not believe how shallow it was. My father in law was zipping through San Luis pass and hit a sand bar so that is how I got launched.:doh: we had to leave the boat there and wade back to the bridge and get help. I am just real sore today, so the next time I turn down a ride to go fishing....kick me in the butt.:lol2:

Guess Ken and myself posted the same time,check out his pict on another after the ride post!!!
The wasp in his post was in his helmet I beleive...Ouch
There's been 3 people I know with boo-boo's this weekend,what's up with that???

Dang Scott you gotta be more careful. Good ride although it did get a little hot when we were standing around trying to come up with donor parts for that ''orange'' bike. Hey John [Greenstreet], maybe it'll stay together for a while now that you got some quality[Honda/Suzuki] bolts in some of them KTM holes.:rofl: :rofl:

The first break nice and cool inside:rider:
Hpim0928.jpg

Over the shoulder shot of Ken and John.
Hpim0934.jpg

A couple of miles later Ken had an encounter with a wasp.:eek2:
Hpim0945.jpg

Orange shedding parts!:lol2:
Hpim0954.jpg

Slowing down in some town?:rider:
Hpim0940.jpg

Scott and Steve again:sun:
Hpim0932.jpg

The KTM didn't like the first fix, so John had to get a little more creative. Scott kinda left us and showed back up a little later. Maybe he was staying cool.:lol2: Scott you should label your little bolt bag ''KTM Spares" and attach a price list.:rofl:
Hpim0955.jpg

Couple of cheesey one handed vids.:-P
th_Hpim0959.jpg

th_Hpim0957.jpg

Thanks for a great ride Scott. I had a good time!:clap: Maybe we can get this bunch together and do a summertime version of Atascocita soon.:rider:

Tim

How's the TERROR flex holding up. Are you going to buy another one ?
Thanks for the pic's.

Mike Green

Good pict's Tim.Hoped someone took a few.

Had pretty much all bike lines covered,Kinda liked Desmo's new ride,maybe I'm partial!!!

A big thanks to Scott for hosting another great ride. The roads were perfect for flat-tracking thru the corners. No rain, very little dust and plenty of puddles to splash in. Even one swift water crossing. I had red mud in every nook and cranny. The bike got dirty, too.

After a great meal off the grill Saturday night we went to light the bonfire. We were talking about how carefull you should be lighting those things when, WOSH! Everything is on fire. The logs, the gas can and Scott's legs! Just goes to prove beer, whiskey, gas and diesel do not mix.

Ken and I watched Dust to Glory while Scott soaked in the bathtub full of icewater. After the movie was over, I think we all fell asleep about the same time, Scott still in the tub.

Anyway, I bet Scott's wife, Hurricane Rita is upset with me/us. I should have called her back to say Scott was OK before we went to bed. Plus we didn't do a proper cleaning of the cabin.

I had a great time even though we pulled the plug on Sunday's ride. There was no way Scott could wear boots. I really missed riding the bottom land that Goat Trail Green mentioned. It will have to wait 'till next time.

Oh yea, John you better get on here and defend that orange bike's honor!

Steve

Tim

How's the TERROR flex holding up. Are you going to buy another one ?
Thanks for the pic's.

Mike Green

Hey Mike, The TerrorFlex has almost 2k on it and it's still got plenty left. It's great in the mud or sand. I can tractor the DRZ through some soupy stuff while most without are off and pushing. However, some pretty annoying things have deveolped. It's now squared off'ed and it gets kinda squirrely on road grooves and a little slippery in rocks. And Rusty's comment on cornering problems is fairly significant now. I think they should shave those huge side lugs down a bit.

It's been a great tire for a lot of areas that I ride, but I'll be ditching it soon. I think I'll try the Trackmaster, Maxxis IT, or the baby TerrorFlex next.

I miss your rides. Yeah, I have only been on one, but it was a blast.

And, I cannot belive that you burned yourself so badly. Good luck healing. I am sure being at work 2 days later doesn't help.

I went to bed on Friday a little after midnight, and woke up at 3:30 on Saturday. Sky was looking purple on the way to Centerville, which was pretty.
0.jpg

Scott's cabin. Looking really pretty.
1-1.jpg

Steve, Tim & John arrived. Now we are ready to take off.
2-1.jpg

First official stop. We saw baby deer & armadillo on the way. I had never seen armadillo alive ever. Only road kill.
4-1.jpg

Oh, and saw tigers as well. No trespassing? Well, I won't anyway.
3-1.jpg

Road condition was very good. No dusty at all. Packed well, and not slippery with D/S tire.
5-1.jpg

2nd break under a tunnel.
7-1.jpg

Even more dirt road.
9-1.jpg

John's orange got minor trouble.
10-1.jpg

A wasp flew into my helmet. Stung me two spots. Now I hate bugs more than sandy road.
11-1.jpg

Dirt road continues more. We did 150mi blast!
8-1.jpg

The bonfire. Glad Scott will be OK.
12-1.jpg

Thanks again Scott for hosting the ride! BBQ was great and staying at the cabin was so relaxing!

Thanks!
Ken

I told myself I needed to go on this one but decided to work some OT. I knew I would regret it. When is the next one Scott? :rider:

Race season is down for summer break so Tim has down time.
He's probably faster than a cat on fire,specialy with that ktm.

Goin to be awhile until the next one but I'll get the word out when we do!!!

I started the 650 tonight and she was pissed. I guess I can wait.
Mike I worked the OT cause I need some new toys. I also bought my son an RM85 that had never been maintained. It needs new bearings everywhere. workworkwork=$$$$$$$$$$$

I started the 650 tonight and she was pissed. I guess I can wait.
Mike I worked the OT cause I need some new toys. I also bought my son an RM85 that had never been maintained. It needs new bearings everywhere. workworkwork=$$$$$$$$$$$

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH very cool I figured there was a method for the madness.....

Maybe I can make the next adventure myself. i had a great time when Adam and I went down alst time...
After all the orange talk I might have to leave the ATK at home that weekend ;)

Mike Green

Talk? What talk?....Oh you must mean the plain and simple ''Facts'':rofl: :rofl:

I see its time to bring that (smirk) back out :clap:

Ole Photojojo has agreed to help mark/build a new GT by the end of summer :mrgreen: :rider:

We will start out on the easy stuff. :eek2:

Mike Green

I see its time to bring that (smirk) back out :clap:

Ole Photojojo has agreed to help mark/build a new GT by the end of summer :mrgreen: :rider:

We will start out on the easy stuff. :eek2:

Mike Green

Wouldn't miss it for the world. Except next time I'll be a little more fimiliar with the "smirk'' and the mis-use of key words like ''easy''.:lol2:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH very cool I figured there was a method for the madness.....

Maybe I can make the next adventure myself. i had a great time when Adam and I went down alst time...
After all the orange talk I might have to leave the ATK at home that weekend ;)

Mike Green

What about me KTM guru, can I go to?

Back