• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lowering the Bandit 1250?

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how easy (and cheap) it would be to lower the Bandit 1250 by an inch to an inch and a half? I'm mostly a motocross rider and know a lot about MX suspension, but really don't know if the same techniques apply to street bikes.

My current bike, M50, is very low which is one of the reasons I bought it. I'm somewhat vertically challenged at 5' 6" and may need to lower the Bandit a bit. I've used lowering links in MX bikes in the past and they worked well without messing up the suspension travel. Do they make a lowering link for the Bandit?

Thanks in advance.

You think about adding, say a Corbin seat that is narrower. That may solve the problem without messing with suspension travel..... My Corbin on my 03 was close to an inch lower than the stock seat....

My assumption is that it uses similsr links to the previous Bandit. If so, they already manufacture lowering links for that application.

Yes, DW's links drop it 1", and Corbin has just introduced a new seat (Gunfighter & Lady) for the 1250 which might put you a little lower yet. Eventually will most likely get one; lots of mods already.
Bandit6.jpg

I had just posted with a question about dual sports and standards and have not seen one of these either in the wild or in captivity. Would this be classed as a standard?

Back