• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Club race at Outlaw Trax

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
We are having our 6th annual "Boar Run" tag team race on the 12th of August. It runs for 6 hours on a h/s type course. With an A, B/C, and kid or beginner lady on each team. Kids run a seperate course for their turn for saftey. I try to set up lap times under 15 minutes to combat the heat. Swap riders in the same rotation each lap. Most laps in shortest time wins.

This is basically a club event that we have opened up to guests last couple of years. We have 1st and 2nd place awards but really the race is just for fun and getting non-racers a taste of racing. Good chance for club members to meet and guests to see the facilites.

Let me know if there is questions or interest!

This is one fun event that is enjoyed by both new riders and the more seasoned riders. If you haven't had the chance to ride one before here's your chance. Pops always sets up a fun course that is second to none that is enjoyed by the Pro riders and the beginners. The kids course is also one of the greatest your young'uns will get the chance to ride.

This link will get you the ride report from last year's event. I wasn't able to attend due to work schedule and I was really disappointed because I was going to work with the kids. Well barring any on known changes in my work schedule, I will be there this year and I plan on making sure the kids are doing ok on their track so the rest of y'all can have a great time taking part in the event.

Ride Report From The 2006 Boar Run

I'd also like to take this time to congratulate Pops, the new President of the Montgomery Sports Riders Association (MSRA). :clap:

This may have been answered but this is open to nonmembers????
Always wanted to check the place out and heard good things.

If yes above will there be a flyer?
Thanks;Scott G.

Yes we have opened it to nonmembers again this year. If you have the riders for a team, great. If not, no problem as we will have additional people looking for a team. And as you said, it is a great way to see what the property is like and meet some of the members.

Thanks;Scott G.

No flyer at this time but you can find a lot of the info in this posting on TON, Boar Run 2007

Here is a quote from an email sent out by the MSRA Secretary
The Boar Run is on for August the 12th.

We'll run from 8am to 2 pm. Parade lap around 7:30am.

3 man team, w/2hour, 1 hour, and 65cc, 50cc, or X lady rider.

Kids will be on a seperate course. 85's to run the big course. Kids lap will be about 1/2 of the adults lap time and distance.

How teams to be picked undecided but for backup they can form own teams for now per rules.

Nonmembers welcome for a donation for GB's track use.

Mark your calendars now.

Come on out and join us. We have several TWT members that are planning to join us. Pops (Woodsguy) always lays out one fine course for your Boar Run riding pleasure.

Thanks;Scott G.

This is basically just a fun race! Although once it starts you wouldnt know it but it's not a big production, so hence no flyer.
But Hemibee has given some good links. More details to come as time nears!

Ok, my interest is sparked.

Q: How tough a course is it? (Compare it to what I ran out there in December)

Q: Can the "beginner lady" run the kids course?

Q: Does "kid or beginner lady on each team" mean that its a child OR a lady or a beginner lady or what? I think I kinda qualify as all three depending on how you look at it (kid = mental, lady = duh, beginner = of course that's me!)

Q: Anyone have a team that needs a beginner lady that has no desire to actually win?

Ok, my interest is sparked.

Q: How tough a course is it? (Compare it to what I ran out there in December)

The course should be the easier portion of what you rode in December, a great place to learn the new bike. No Double Dip, Snake Canyon, Outlaw Creek or Rev-Lok Creek. Plus I plan to help the kids and beginner women on their course to insure all have a really fun event.

Q: Can the "beginner lady" run the kids course?

Yes

Q: Does "kid or beginner lady on each team" mean that its a child OR a lady or a beginner lady or what? I think I kinda qualify as all three depending on how you look at it (kid = mental, lady = duh, beginner = of course that's me!)

That is what it means. The team will consist of one child or one beginner Lady.

Q: Anyone have a team that needs a beginner lady that has no desire to actually win?

We can always find you some team members if you don't have a team before the day of the Boar Run. Who cares about winning, this is a fun event...... :rofl: yeah, right.

Sounds great,and thanks for the opportunity.I will read up on the rules and go from there...

My son just started riding December, January time frame.
He is 13 and rides a 250L what class would he be in?

What is a "H/S" course?
Is there camping at Outlaw Trax?
How are the riders classified?
Racing fee's?

Sorry for all the noob questions

Squeaky you posted pics of your new XR400 on ADVRider and not on TWTEX? :eek2:

Whew ... I am glad I am not the only one who noticed...
I was worried about a squeakysquirrel slap.

Grats on the new dirt ride..:rider:

My son just started riding December, January time frame.
He is 13 and rides a 250L what class would he be in?

What is a "H/S" course?
Is there camping at Outlaw Trax?
How are the riders classified?
Racing fee's?

Sorry for all the noob questions

Squeaky you posted pics of your new XR400 on ADVRider and not on TWTEX? :eek2:

1- A H/S course is a hare scramble course which is basically single track and quad width trails thru the woods. You try to run the course as fast and safely as you can. Sometimes there are obstacles like ditches, hills, creek beds, dropoffs, logs, mud, ect. Most of the time they are 8-10 miles long, for our event it will be closer to 4-5 miles.

2-Your son poses a tough call, his bike size puts him on the big course. If his skills really don't qualify him for the big course we might can put him on the kiddies. BUT if he is pretty quick this isn't fair to other teams and might put some kiddos at risk. We can get together that w/e and discuss. We want everyone to have fun but do it safely for all.

3-I use the STORM series as a guideline as most of us race it at least part time. For the non-racers (and this isn't a problem, we want them!), we'll try and gauge you off someone who rides with you.. Basically the faster guys will run as an A/B rider, and average guys will run as the 1 hour rider. Hope this helps. In STORM A/B riders race the 2 hour and C riders run the 1 hour program hence the designations I used.

4-This is classified as an event and we will not be charging a race fee. If you are an Outlaw member, nothing, if you are a guest we are asking you to donate to pay the landowner for riding on his property. Generally 15 each!

5-Yes there is primitive camping at Outlaw.

Let me know if this helps!

Pops

Also as stated earlier if anyone doesn't have a team come on out. Just get there early as we will be pairing folks up. We start at 8 and have a practice lap at 7:30 am.

...are you sending a designated kicker with me? :lol2:

I thought I would go ahead and post a couple links for more info on Outlaw Trax.

Map
http://www.outlawtrax.com/mapdir.html

http://www.outlawtrax.com/rules.html

Outlaw Trax
http://www.outlawtrax.com/

Ride report from MSRA 2007 Race at Outlaw Trax
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18015

TWT December Dirt Day 2006 @ Outlaw Trax
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13963

Pigs can fly and they do at Outlaw Trax
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11357

Ok, it was more than a couple.

I'm interested, It will be my first time :eek2: so be gentle. Guess that makes me a C - rider that needs a team? I'll start getting my WR450 ready.
Will there be a weekend open to ride out there?
Chris (MC rider) are you going to be there?
Later, Chuck

Not sure yet. If so, I hope not to disappoint. :)

Theres also a family enduro coming up early in august. The one that got rescheduled from july.

Back