PDA

View Full Version : Laser Alignment Tool

Mustang
10-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Im considering the purchase of a laser alignment tool to put in the crib. I found Laser-Lines http://www.laser-lines.com/ and I've seen some others in passing that I didn't bookmark.. I'm not hooked on this particular device, but I am looking for info on such devices, experience, and well.. other one's out there on the market.

Being the gadget freak/techno weeny that I can be sometimes... you can see my interest in such a device.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Mustang

Mustang
10-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Hmmm.. no comments? I guess I'll order one and see for myself how well it does or doesn't work. *grins*

I'll post my results.

Mustang

kurt
10-26-2004, 07:35 PM
The people I know that have used them say they like them, but found no advantage over a long straight edge for aligning the rear wheel. I used an aluminum straight-edge used to rip sheets of plywood, but any straight edge will do.

Price: $188.00 :shock:

Squeaky
10-26-2004, 07:40 PM
I was taught to use a piece of duct tape and some string.

Mustang
10-27-2004, 11:28 PM
I know what you're saying Squeaky... but I just hate setting it all up.

Hmmm.. well.. that was a bit of a contradition there. you have to setup the laser system too. Maybe it's more I just need a new toy?

As for the long straight edge, txmedic, well, I've never used one to do it.. I suspect it's a long easier then dealing with the strings though.

Anyway... for some reason the site was not taking orders.. and I eamiled them yestarday about it.. and have not heard a thing back yet. *shrugs*

We'll see what pans out.

Mustang