• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Laser Alignment Tool

Mustang

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
First Name
Grady
Last Name
Trew
Im considering the purchase of a laser alignment tool to put in the crib. I found Laser-Lines http://www.laser-lines.com/ and I've seen some others in passing that I didn't bookmark.. I'm not hooked on this particular device, but I am looking for info on such devices, experience, and well.. other one's out there on the market.

Being the gadget freak/techno weeny that I can be sometimes... you can see my interest in such a device.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Mustang

Hmmm.. no comments? I guess I'll order one and see for myself how well it does or doesn't work. *grins*

I'll post my results.

Mustang

The people I know that have used them say they like them, but found no advantage over a long straight edge for aligning the rear wheel. I used an aluminum straight-edge used to rip sheets of plywood, but any straight edge will do.

Price: $188.00
:shock:

I was taught to use a piece of duct tape and some string.

I know what you're saying Squeaky... but I just hate setting it all up.

Hmmm.. well.. that was a bit of a contradition there. you have to setup the laser system too. Maybe it's more I just need a new toy?

As for the long straight edge, txmedic, well, I've never used one to do it.. I suspect it's a long easier then dealing with the strings though.

Anyway... for some reason the site was not taking orders.. and I eamiled them yestarday about it.. and have not heard a thing back yet. *shrugs*

We'll see what pans out.

Mustang

Back