• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin's Emma Long (City Park) Loop Riders?

Reaction score
Hey all, just found this forum. Looks like it gets a lot more traffic than texasoffroad.net.

Does anyone else around here ride the loop at Emma Long on an offroad bike? I ran a couple searches, and saw a post from a fast guy I've seen out there with a black DS'd KLX. We're always looking for riding partners, especially people that will push our skills.

Post up if you love the rock gardens!

Trace

Hey all, just found this forum. Looks like it gets a lot more traffic than texasoffroad.net.

Does anyone else around here ride the loop at Emma Long on an offroad bike? I ran a couple searches, and saw a post from a fast guy I've seen out there with a black DS'd KLX. We're always looking for riding partners, especially people that will push our skills.

Post up if you love the rock gardens!

Trace

I've only been out there to watch trials competitions. I figured I would ride in on my mountain bike first before I take a motorcycle out there. Plus my DRZ is a heavy beast and I don't look forward to picking it up much.

I know of a group that is headed to Crooked Creek outside of Waco on Saturday. Torch Ride

Let me know when you go, I'll bring my camera. Its a beast on mountain bike, and I've helped riders haul motorcycles up before. I admire talent that can flow the steps out there.

Will do. I am usually there at least once a week, sometimes twice. I was actually thinking of going tonight after work, will PM you if I do.

It's **** at first, but not that bad once you learn the lines. I have cleaned every spot out there at some point, but there are a couple spots that still get me almost every time. It takes my main riding buddy and I about 35-40 min for the 6.5 mi loop lately if we don't take a break. You definitely need to set your bike up right - rad guards, skid plate, lots of air in the front tire, etc. I've ridden a lot of different bikes out there, and I enjoy it most on a big bore smoker - light weight with lots of grunt.

I mtn bike out there too, takes me just 5-10 min longer on a pedal bike. Motorcycles are faster on the steep stuff (and the 2 or 3 straightaways), and mtn bikes are faster through the tight twisties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracetrimble,

Please do not spell around the word filter.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Its kind of a "if you let one person do it, you have to make exceptions for them all" thing.

Welcome to the site. Where else out there do you ride? I need to load up the dirtbike and come out that way for a dirt or dual sport ride sometime.

I ride out there 2-5 times a week since 1993...on my mountain bike. Never on a motorcycle though. :)

Trace, I've been thinking about trying to recruit someone to ride there w/, so let's hook up for a ride there soon. Normally, I'd prefer riding dirt, but CP is so much more ridable that my normal spots w/ all this rain.

I used to ride there w/ my mountain bike, then w/ my old Sherco 2.9, and I've done it once w/ my KTM 300. Every time I came upon a higher ledge to climb, I thought about turning around, but my pumpkin tractored over everything I threw at it...except for the time I dumped it and dented my shiny new pipe.

I'm guessing I'll see you Sat. night?

Chris - PM'd ya...

The place drains really well, and as long as the rocks are dry, it's totally rideable. Just stay off the throttle in the muddy spots to preserve the trail.

Does anyone know if there is a trials event at City Park on Sunday (tomorrow)?

Was out there today on my mountain bike and saw a group of guys marking a course. I plan to ride again tomorrow but don't want to bother heading out there if there is something planned and I need to turn around and go home.

Does anyone know if there is a trials event at City Park on Sunday (tomorrow)?

Was out there today on my mountain bike and saw a group of guys marking a course. I plan to ride again tomorrow but don't want to bother heading out there if there is something planned and I need to turn around and go home.

Next weekend is the Trials completion at City Park. Feb. 16 & 17 Kind of interesting to watch if you have time.

Back