• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Now I'm serious

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
Remember the Learner's Permit thread? I got a call while at work that Leigh and her friend had been in a collision.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13507

Today Leigh and her friend were driving down Hwy 971 at 55 mph when another kid (same age) and his friend pulled out from the right on a side street. T-bone pin-in collision, no seat belts. Leigh and her friend were relatively unhurt, but the two boys in the other car were. One was air lifted unconcious to Temple and the other taken by ground to Austin with major trauma. I don't know the boys' names, but they could use a little help about now.

I hope the boys recover and it teaches her and her friend to wear a seatbelt!

Sorry to hear that. I'm praying for all involved, specially the hurt ones.

Just to clarify, the boys in the other car weren't belted in? I hope the girls aren't too shook up. They might be a little jumpy in the car for a while.

Sorry to hear that. I'm praying for all involved, specially the hurt ones.

Just to clarify, the boys in the other car weren't belted in? I hope the girls aren't too shook up. They might be a little jumpy in the car for a while.

The boys were not. The girls were.

Scary stuff. Glad the girls were okay. Hope things turn out well for the boys. Had to be scary for the girls for sure... Are they doing okay?

Yeah, they are doing fine. I hear the one boy is conscious again, but nothing specific on either. I tried to find out more from the ER last night on the driver but shift change had already occurred so no one knew anything.

Last edited:
A couple of pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2044.JPG
    IMG_2044.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 167
  • sc000e218e.jpg
    sc000e218e.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 200
Egads, that looks BAD.

Prayers sent to all.

Was that the new Stang ya'll just bought?

Wow... looking at the car that got t-boned, the driver is lucky to be alive... :brainsnap

Goes to show that a picture really is worth a thousand words.
Horrible wreck!
Prayers for all families.

Wow.

Hopefully the boys will fully recover. Hopefully your daughter will realize driving isn't a video game, and will carry that lesson forward.

I hadn't driven 45 in a while, it's pretty sobering to see the "26 deaths in next 5 miles" sign when you get to the Spring/Woodlands area. Maybe a little more of that would wake some people up.

Driving in Houston is a whole lot stranger than it was 10 years ago.

Kurt, glad Liegh and her friend are Ok, we will say a prayer for the boys for a speedy recovery. Anything you guys need us to do?

Wow, Kurt. Glad the girls are okay. Life with TxMEDIC teaches sweat belt lessons, right?
Hope this turns out well for the boys.

Praying for all. Hope the girls are well, too. Emotional injuries are just as hard to heal.

One had surgery for facial fractures along with several lacerations and the other had bilateral ankle fractures and a concussion.

Have either of the boys been released or are they still hospitalized?

The driver (facial fx's) is home. He evidently has posted pictures on MySpace, but I haven't heard on the other.

Back