• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roadside meeting

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Yesterday, on the way to meet some TWT'ers to do some dirt riding, I was heading east on Highway 79. I was just coming up on Taylor and the bypass around town. I saw a bike on the side of the road and the rider was walking around, looking at the ground. I decided I'd stop and help out since I had all my tools on board and 5 gallons of gas. I figured I could solve most problems with what I had.

As I got out of the truck and started walking back to him, he stood up from the side of his bike where I thought he was looking at something that might be broken. I asked if he needed help, and he said no. He was actually going to be riding with the Patriot Guard and was waiting for them to come by so he could join up. He said he was just about to have a little prayer time and that was why he was kneeling next to the bike.

Well, I thought to myself, here I am a Christian rider stopping to help a guy out who needs nothing that I have to offer. However, he saw this meeting as an opportunity. Before I could say anything about him praying, he asked me if anybody had prayed for me yet that day. Well, of course not. He was the first person I'd talked to all day. So he grabbed my hands and he said a nice prayer asking the Lord to look over me and the folks I was going to meet. Not to be left out, before he could close his prayer, I took the opportunity to give thanks for the work the Patriot guard is doing and to ask for safe travel for all the riders.

After a brief conversation, we shook hands and parted. It was actually quite a wonderful start to the day.

And once we get the ride report up from the Cherokee Cycle park ride, you will see that we truly did have a good day. And were lucky to avoid one good injury.

That explains why on one occasion we avoided a major accident on the dirt road back to camp. We had the makings of a pretty nasty get'em off but the bike and rider some how stayed up right and continued on to camp. Thanks Rusty, I know the rider was very pleased with the outcome of the incident. Once the ride report is up I'll post what I witnessed and how it scared me to think I was fixing to be the first on the scene of another teenager injuried.

Back