• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ATTN: Stromers.....

Reaction score
Which windshield/brackets are you using?? I am in the market and need some advice.
Thx.

The one my bike came with - it's the 2003 model before they put that fancy bracket on there.

Which windshield/brackets are you using??

I have one of the 23" MP Cycle Designs touring windshields with the stock bracket on my DL650K6. It was a dramatic difference between this screen and the stock screen. I haven't tried the Madstad bracket as this screen predated the bracket but I've been very satisfied with just the screen.

--Mike

Madstad, baby, it's maaad! (think Austin Powers)

I also like the MPCycledesigns screen 21".

Stock screen raised one or two notches. I could stand to get another screen and our bracket but haven't gotten around to it... :roll:

I tried the stocker at the highest and lowest......lowest seems to work better for me than high.....but still get the buffeting at 70+.

I use the stock screen but drilled additional holes to make it go lower. Seemed to help some with buffeting. I'll probably buy a Madstad later.

Steve

Check out the VSRI website. There is a guy on there that made some homemade adjustments to his stock screen. Fixed the buffeting that some people complain about and didn't cost much at all.

Stock screen raised one or two notches. I could stand to get another screen and our bracket but haven't gotten around to it... :roll:

Chuck, I've got a Givi screen that you are welcome to try out. If you like it, it's yours.

Right now I'm running a Madstad bracket on the stock screen with a Laminarlip. You would think I would be happy by now. :lol2:

Mine is stock. In the summer I ride with it in the lowest position, in the winter on the highest position.

I had a 24" Parabellum screen on the stock mounts from around October-April & just put my summer screen on this month; MP Cycles mini-screen w/MP Cycles mount. I cut it down to the top of the mount trim pieces. No buffeting but loud on the highway. Louder than no screen on. The Parabellum had no buffeting & was fairly quiet. The MP Cycles mounts lean the screen back a little more. I needed mirror extenders for the Parabellum screen. The stalks hit the sides of the screen at full lock.

Madstad. Just spend time on a relatively calm day exploring the different settings - height, tilt.

Which windshield/brackets are you using?? I am in the market and need some advice.
Thx.
Windshields are like seats: not one fits all butts. Not one windshield works magic for everyone.

It's highly individual depending on the bike, height of torso, riding position, helmet, degree of buffeting tolerance and your own comfort factor. Like seats and gear, you may have to try a few out to see what works best for you.

You guys (and gals) do know that Eric has long since moved on and doesn't even own the Strom any more right?

He fixed it the same way I fixed it, FJR.:sun:

Back