• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

dallas to waco?

Reaction score
i'm planning a ride to the texas ranger museum in waco from dallas. looking for a few twisty roads to hit on the way. anyone have any suggestions?

You'll want to check out this thread:

http://www.twtex.com/viewtopic.php?t=1997&highlight=219

I can personally vouch for FM 219-It's fantastic, but be careful outside of Clifton. I was pulled over by a State Trooper for speeding (86 in a 70) on Hwy 6 and I still do not know where he came from.... :roll:

When are you planning on going? I live in Temple.

thanx, i know about 219 i've been stopped there too. i am wondering about fm219, fm308, and fm 339. ever been on those?
a group i ride with does 2nd saturday rides. i'm working on the one for december 11th.

No-but then I've ridden some roads without paying attention to their name/number. A lot of my riding has been south of Temple and I am just starting to venture north in my exploration.

Hmmm ... I'll have to remember those roads for later. I think I'll drop them into Streets & Trips so I don't forget them.

oneshot said:
i am wondering about fm308, and fm 339. ever been on those?

FM 308 is good from the beginning at FM 933 near Waco to Hwy 22...smooth pavement, wide shoulders, not much to look at 'cept cow pastures, cotton and milo fields...pretty flat

FM 339 between Hwy 84 and Hwy 31 is about the same...

Hwy 171 Between Hubbard and Hillsboro is a nice ride also...

Also...

FM 660 from Hwy 34 to Ferris along IH45 get you to within 5 miles of Belt Line and 10 miles from the IH 20 Loop in Dallas...

Back