• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM owners...

Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Miller
I have a question for ya.

What's the difference between the KTM 250 SX-F, and the KTM XCF-W?

The only real difference I can see from KTM's website it:

SX-F: 19in rear wheel

XCF-W: 18in rear wheel
Electric start

Is it safe to say that the SX-F is for motocross type riding, and thr XCF-W is more for trails?

The sx has a close ratio gearbox while the xcf-w has a wide ratio. This is the reason for the W at the end.. The plane ol XC has the same gear box as the SX for the most part i do believe. The XCF-W also has a different suspenision set up compared to the SX. Its a little more koosh and not as much adjustability..

Well I just check KTM's website too and now Im confused.. I know what I said earlier has been true for the last 2 year but it looks a little sceptical now.. By the looks of the website the SX and the XCW have the same gear box while the XC has one less gear. Maybe you should check out KTM Talk and see what they have to say. They would be able to answer you question better than I could.

No problem! Lesson learned... Look before you post :pound:

Well, one thing for sure, they're orange. :lol2:

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

whitektmoz8.jpg

:mrgreen: :lol2: :mrgreen:

lesson #1: never trust KTM's websites, and be skeptical of their other manuals. My 300 manual has oil change pics from some other bike! I love the brand and won't likely buy any other brand, but they suck @ documentation. Good thing we have ktm talk!

Back