• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GNCC Video - How The Big Boys Do It

Awesome vid.....thx for sharing. That kind of riding is frustrating is a race situation but otherwise.....it's a blast.

Did you notice there were still a lot of 2-stroke bikes in there?? Watch and listen for them?

What do you think of the XC-W? They have me so confused over the XC, XC-W, SX, EXC to where I can't keep them straight.

Ya know, Tony, it may be a bit counterproductive to post all those Boar Run invitation threads & this at the same time.

I'm thinkin I'm gonna be waaaaaay outta my league.

Forget you saw that unless you can make yourself realize that was above our normal situations. :mrgreen:

I can only give you my view of the XC-W......I have read many reports on KTM Talk. This is my first KTM so I am still adjusting and learning. Very nice machine and engineered well. XCs are set up more for trails with ability for lights and such. SX are more for MX style racing. The reason I went with the XCW is for less shifting in the woods plus have a ton of straightaway speed for open areas to match the 4strokes.

When I got my EXC it was for the closer gear ratios and the 6 speed instead of the wider spaced 5 speed MXC and the SX's set up for the MX track. I'm still a couple of years from a new bike so that will give me plenty of time to figure out the differences. Heck by then they will have a new line up for me to have to figure out.

One guy from KTM Talk said he went from a 300 to a 200 and loves it. Never got to ride one but I'd like to try it out. I went with the 300 due to my weight. I may not ride the 300 hard enough but I am still playing with the powervalve settings to get it right for the tracks I ride.

We are looking at Taking Mopowers 125 and dropping a 200 in it next year. His class is the 250 class and he does pretty good with the 125 but with the 200 he would have a bike to out run the 250s with. My weight is another reason I'm looking to the 300 instead of the 200. But it will be another year or two before I can get serious about a new bike. Seems like every time I turn around I'm having to buy one of the boys a new race bike and my next one just keeps getting pushed back another year or three.

Hey, I can fall as good as those guys and I'm twice their age...it's the getting back up they are better at.

Cool video, is that going to be you on the weekend of the 12th?

Ya know, Tony, it may be a bit counterproductive to post all those Boar Run invitation threads & this at the same time.

I'm thinkin I'm gonna be waaaaaay outta my league.

C'monnnnn. You who were trying to entice the women folk to follow you into a ditch......

Gives me flash backs to Crafton this year. That stuff is such a blast to watch, but what a pain to race in and very hard and expensive on the bike and rider.

Back