• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TX in Co Ride Pictures

Here is a link to a brief ride report I posted yesterday in Adventure Rider. I will update this site with a more detailed report but I'm having trouble posting individual pictures with text.
Be sure and select slideshow when you hit the picture link and also select the caption checkblock.

Chris G.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254517

So, how was cinnamon pass? I have talked to people that have done it in a 2WD Ford Expedtion.

I think your idea of not riding unknown(unpaved) routes alone for the first time is probably good advice. That is what I keep telling myself anyway.

Looked like a fun trip.

So, how was cinnamon pass? I have talked to people that have done it in a 2WD Ford Expedtion.

I think your idea of not riding unknown(unpaved) routes alone for the first time is probably good advice. That is what I keep telling myself anyway.

Looked like a fun trip.

Cinnamon was fairly easy with a few steep rocky parts and some wet areas in places. Would have been easier if I didn't have the bags and gear. I dropped the bike once on a switchback when my centerstand caught a rock. The centerstand was partially down..guess I acidentally kicked it down when putting my foot down and didn't realize. I didn't see any 2 wheel drive vehicles but it isn't that much of a challenge for 4WD if it is dry.You just need decent ground clearance. The area between Lake City- Silverton-Ouray is phenomenal with lots of trails and roads to ride. I was surprised at the amount of people...lots of jeep clubs, ATVs, etc., ride these trails in the summer. I didn't need to worry about getting stranded alone.

Last edited:
Back