• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rocky Ridge - Labor Day weekend

ed29

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Hegarty
My sons and I are planning a camping trip at Rocky Ridge (on 51 between Decatur and Gainesville) over the Labor Day weekend. Anyone intersted in coming too? For those that may not have been there RR is about 800 acres of varied terrain including easy trails, tight woods/creek sections, difficult rocky trails, jumps, a few hill climbs and a dirt drag strip. They allow only bikes and ATVs on the trails, so no worries about encountering a Jeep or truck on the trails. Admission is $10.00 per person per day, no extra charge for camping, or for extra bikes. No electrical or water hookups though, must be self contained camping or generator.

I may have to come up there and hang out with you guys. I'd much rather watch the MX race on TV than actually be there fighting with the crowds and such. Let me see if my neighbors want to go as well. This might be fun.

Me.
I can't say for sure if the Sherpa will be here by then or not. If it could magically be transported into its waiting crate on the dock, it would be here next Tuesday. If it is here by then, I'm up for novice trails.

Anyone have a dutch camping oven? I'll bring all the goods for making camp cobbler! :mrgreen: And I'll be making pancakes for breakfast.

Anyone have a dutch camping oven? I'll bring all the goods for making camp cobbler! :mrgreen: And I'll be making pancakes for breakfast.

I do... I just don't know if I'll be able to bring it. I may drive up there, but I may ride the Strom. I'm just not sure yet.

I do... I just don't know if I'll be able to bring it. I may drive up there, but I may ride the Strom. I'm just not sure yet.
I doubt I'll be riding the Sherpa up there; most likely it will hitch a ride or something. So maybe I can pack it in with my stuff.
Mmmm..... *real* cobbler..... :trust:

I have a four quart iron dutch .... Mmmmm camp cobbler :eat:

Cobbler is all the incentive a person needs to show up. :lol2: I have to see what my schedule's like that w/e and see if I can make it out on Sunday at least.

I'll come up there at least one day. And I have several cast iron Dutch ovens, so we can cook up a feast - of sorts :mrgreen:
Yay!!
I love camp stew ;-)

I can make blackberry cobbler one day and peach cobbler the next. Just need ice cream to top it off :trust:

And I'm grilling pancakes for breakfast...... :rider: :eat:

Just about a week to go give or take a couple days. I am going to load up Friday after work and roll Saturday morning so I don't have to make camp in the dark. For those coming too I plan on going down the gravel road and making camp near the big pond. Look for a maroon F-150 sepercrew and all the toys. It is shaping up to be a good trip.... cobbler, pancakes, did I see stew too? I am going to roast some meat before hand and pack it in with some BBQ sauce too. There will be lots of ice water and sports drinks. Everyone is invited, come on out!

You mean me?
Then that would be, U da WOman! :rofl:

Oops! :giveup: I saw Boyd in your Avatar and well you know the rest of the story. :)

It still stands....It's all good as long as the other person makes it.;-)

Wish I could tag along with you all, but I don't have a bike yet that I can ride off road.
:sun:

I'll be taking Sherpie up Sat am in the bed of the pickup (if I can load it myself). If anyone is riding up that needs stuff to go up, I have some room (xtended cab and room in the bed).
Just let me know.

Back