• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Mom is in the hospital tonight 11/08/04

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Mom had to check into the Hospital late this evening. She was feeling light headed and Dad checked her BP and pulse. The BP was way high and her pulse was racing and erratic. Right now we really don't know anything so we are just waiting. Please keep her in your prayers. I'll post more as I find out.

Adios,

Sorry to hear about your Mom, will keep her in our prayers, hope it is nothing serious. :-(

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, she's in our prayers.

Sorry to hear about your mom, Scott. She's in our prayers, and you know how to reach us if there's anything we can do to help from up here.

I hope it's nothing serious, Scott, and she's back on her feet again. I know how it is to have a sick Mom...

'm so sorry to hear that she is ill. Scott, my thoughts are with you and the whole family.

Scott & Beth:

I hope that Lois is doing okay. Hopefully it is nothing serious. Is she at HMH? Keep us updated.

:tab Well, the Docs say her heart is fine. They think that her blood pressure medication, thyroid medication and her potassium levels got out of whack. She responded well to the medication they gave her at the hospital. So they are going to send her home with new medication dosages and keep a close eye on her. In two weeks she will go back for a follow up to see how she is doing. We are breathing a sigh of relief ;-)

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
:tab Well, the Docs say her heart is fine. They think that her blood pressure medication, thyroid medication and her potassium levels got out of whack. She responded well to the medication they gave her at the hospital. So they are going to send her home with new medication dosages and keep a close eye on her. In two weeks she will go back for a follow up to see how she is doing. We are breathing a sigh of relief ;-)

Adios,

It's good to hear that, Scott!

My father has had similar episodes and the doctors are constantly juggling his meds to find the right balance. Your mother seems to be a pretty healthy woman overall, so I bet she'll come through this just fine.

Glad to hear she is doing better Scott. My dad went though a little something similar a few years ago and I remember being on pins and needles for the week or so it took for them to figure out is wasnt all that big a deal.

Hope things continue to go well.

Hope your parents continuing doing great.!!! Those are very good scares but glad to hear that was nothing serious. Family is the only thing we have in life.

Glad to hear everything is fine.
Wish the best for your family.

Back