• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayers Needed

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
I don't really know what to say or ask for, but I believe in the power of prayer and would like to ask you to add my Niece Lauren to your list.

I just recieved a call that my 12 year old niece had a cyst removed from her breast last Friday, and it came back as being pre-cancerous. She is 12 for goodness sake.

This is all I know for now as her mother (my sister) had just recived the call from the pathologist, and is scheduled to return to the doctors wednesday.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear it Duke; I know she means the world to you.

I'll put in a good word for her.

Boy, where to start. Having a 14 year old daughter myself I can see that turning all sorts of things upside down. I prayed for healing and comfort for her and all the family that is concerned and will add her to my list for daily prayers.

My mom was found to have a pre-cancerous growth 3 or 4 years ago. She opted to just have a mastectomy and an implant since at her age she just didn't want to worry about it any more. The way I understood what the doctors told her was that it didn't necessarily mean it would have turned into cancer, but it was likely. Her options were to have the tissue removed (as your niece has) and just do very regular check ups to make sure there is nothing else going on. Or to do what she ended up doing and removing all the breast tissue and eliminating the potential for problems. I would suspect that the first option is the best for a 12 year old. I will also say I'm not a doctor and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, so I'm only passing on one family experience.

Anyway, I hope it is just a minor alarm and leads to no further problems down the road.

My prayers go up for her, Duke. The good news from the doctors is that this was pre-cancerous.

My son Duncan was 14 when he was diagnosed with a malignant tumor in one of his salivary glands. It was very close to a facial nerve, so they could only take 1mm of tissue around it, and he had to have 6 weeks of radiation. Many, many people prayed for Duncan. He came through the radiation with minimal side effects. He's 20 now, and cancer free. The five-year mark is the big one they watch for.

Prayer is effective.

Thanks for letting us know Duke. I agree with ThumperDan's conclusion ;-)

That's tough, especially for someone that age.

My friend in Denver lost his long time girlfriend in 1998 due to breast cancer, she was 29. It is never too soon to get checked, but by the time it was discovered it was pretty much too late.

A major factor in survivability is early detection and aggressive theraputic measures. Sounds like the situation was detected and addressed early enough, hopefully this will be the last intervention needed to ensure her longterm health.

When a child has to deal with these types of issues is just doesn't seem fair.

We are truly blessed to be this close to the fantastic facilities in the Houston area that perform "miracles" on a daily basis.

Back