• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ducati Multistrada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Last Name
McCreight
I had never even considered this bike due to what I think of the front end.

However, after having one in the garage for a week or so (in black) I decided to throw a leg over the beast.

This was the S model so it has the bling shocks and such. I was amazed how nice the handling was. My only sport bike experience is with a VFR and a SV. So pretty much no experience. I have a few track days under my belt and it all kicked back in. Toes on the pegs, light inputs on the bars. Holy cow, I would get in trouble with this bike. Turn in was neutral, braking mid turn didn't require extra input to keep the bike where it was (bike didn't want to stand up).

Acceleration was great, but the 8500 red line came too quick in 1st and I hit the rev limiter several times. It wasn't neck snapping, but responsive and pulled hard. I could not get a power wheelie in 1st, but I wasn't pushing too hard since this wasn't my bike.

The controls were all placed well. The trip computer was far away, but the buttons were nice and big. The computer will give you tons of info and for a bike in this league that is necessary to me.

Seat to leg was snug, but for what I did (curvy roads) is was perfect. I could get my butt off the seat and weight on the inside so easily. My body was over the front end and it felt great too.

This was one of the best handling bikes that I have ever ridden. Everything was useable on this bike.

Adam

I had never even considered this bike due to what I think of the front end.

Did you see the naked MTS on ADVrider...

WOW...

I like the looks of the MTS but that is a lot of stuff to break when I drop it...

Not that I could afford one...

Attachments

• DSC01089.jpg
    DSC01089.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC01092.jpg
    DSC01092.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC01095.jpg
    DSC01095.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 182
Well, that is a great right up, Adam. I would like to add the bike is a 2007 Ducati Multistrada 1100S. It has Ohlins suspension and some nice carbon fiber additions(front fender, timing covers) I have ridden it a couple of time and have come to love the handling. Power is very smooth, much like an electric motor. I am returning it, never to ride it again as I am falling in love with this bike. Now, what bike to ride next? I should mention if any of you twtex guys want this Duc, ya'll need to give me a call. (cheap plug):)

Did you see the naked MTS on ADVrider...

WOW...

I like the looks of the MTS but that is a lot of stuff to break when I drop it...

Not that I could afford one...

That is a pretty bike! I love the $150 head light!

That looks very good! The $150 headlight is a lot nicer than the frankenstein front end it currently has.

Back