• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Public access on Pumpville Rd West towards FM2400?

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Keefe
I have ridden Fielder Draw road from the Pecos all the way west to Hwy 349 (Somewhere along the way it becomes Pumpville Rd.) I thought it T-ed there but I was goofing around on Google Earth and it shows it continuing west and changing into "Running West" road before it T's with FM2400.

ANYONE KNOW IF THAT IS PUBLIC ACCESS? That would be a nice little ride down to Sanderson that way. Anyone run that route during the April dual-sport get-together in Junction?

I don't know if it is public access and don't believe anyone ran it during TAR this past April.

I've ridden the road from Pandale to Hwy 349, and it was open at the time, but that was about 5 or 6 years ago...don't know anything about the road west of 349...

We've ridden it many time over the last few years but it does not cross over 349......It just shows it does on some maps.
We just head South to Dryden and West 90 from there.

Skinny I can't believe you haven't ridden that with us.

My uncle has a ranch off of Richland Springs Rd (3166) past the CO2 extraction plant (used to be El Paso Nat Gas plant, don't remember who has it now). I plan on taking a week in March or April to go ride around there, Sanderson, Sheffield, Pumpville, Pecos high bridge areas. I've been hunting out there since I was 10 or 11, but never exploring on a bike. Now that I have my DRZ I'm looking forward to exploring my dad's old stomping grounds. He grew up in Sanderson.

We've ridden it many time over the last few years but it does not cross over 349......It just shows it does on some maps.
We just head South to Dryden and West 90 from there.

Skinny I can't believe you haven't ridden that with us.

The gate that corresponds with the road is locked west of 349.

Back