• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another trip to Goatsburo

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Guillote
Goat-trail ,Photojojo and myself put together a ride in clayton to test some trails they made and explore a little.Friday morning we head out from Chris's house to be rear ended by a 91yr old man in the fog right around the corner.The first question was 'HOW ABOUT THE BIKES".Well the bikes were fine but trailer wasn't.Blowup my jack getting the tire off the fender, and off to the bodyshop for more extensive repair at no charge,just a have a better weekend said the lady in charge[thankyou]...
Off to the rocks,friday we investigated the new trail which where----is that a trail?do we have to climb that?and your kidding right?Well we did it all except the gatekeeper which is a rock climb thats,ugh,intimidating.Lets see ,I failed twice,Chris failed twiced and Mike failed once and made it the next time.We decide it was late so off to the cabin in clayton.

Sat. a cold front came in and it was NICE.What an adventure.Flats,floods and of course more rocks.Traveling to Pickens for lunch and more new roads after that.Angering hunters and exploring areas that were new to us.Riding with Mike is a blast.Is that a trail,I don't know but by then we were off into it.
Climbing complete mountains and riding from ridge to ridge on forgoten logging roads.The scenery was awsome.Well we all made it back to the cabin with only a few bruises,Thank you.

Sunday was a fast rehash of the trails Mike and Chris made plus the afternoon delight trail[a mini i.n.t. at a 45 to 55deg angle]..Then head back home time.The whole ride consisted of rocks-on rocks,in the water on the roads.Hard on an old flatland fellow like myself.Thanks for the fun Mike and Chris.

Have only a few pict's before I floated the camera, but sure the other guys will up their pict's and some of the stories to go with it.

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007009.jpg

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007008.jpg

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007007.jpg

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007010.jpg

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007006.jpg

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007005.jpg

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007004.jpg

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007003.jpg

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007002.jpg

CLAYTONOKLAHOMA-SEPT2007001.jpg

Looky what I did,actualy Brian helped again.
Don't let these pict give you an idea of the terrain we covered,hope the OTHER GUYS will post up!!!!

I am glad everything turned out well.

Was the trailer Mike's? If so, I built that piece of junk and I hope the welds held...

Gald you all made it back. I think the water in the camera messed up the dates on your pics, 2004 :lol2: ya'll must have been in a time warp.

Sounds like you heard alot:trust:

The trailer did pretty well, now the old man is makin waves.
Mike said you were supposed to come down....scared!!!:lol2:

So my buddy Chris (photojojo) is going to force me to buy a good helmet cam. I threatened after the last ride we went on and boy did I make a mistake by not doing it. I putting the camera down and running to help so I don't have still pictures of some of his adventures this weekend let alone video. Man did I mess up.... Scott it was a pleasure as always ! I will get some pics up tomorrow.....
I thought you took a pic of the crop duster ? You should make those pics above bigger.

Mike Green

ps the Gate keeper is open for business ;) whooooooo hoooooooooo

Last edited:
I sent Chris a PM about the WR, I guess since he hasn't posted here he isn't just ignoreing me?

And Mr. Monkey, I wanted to come out for this weekend, but at the time I declined the trip I was working 10-12 hour days with no end in sight. Now that the date is here and gone, I have caught up with the work and could have easily taken the time off. Maybe next time.

I really want to see if my skill level has increased or if riding in the desert (still single track) is that much easier.

Here is a start to my pictures

Ah the poor trailer !

The lady riding with this genlteman who was 91 said he shouldn't be driving. She then proceeded to tell the officers this. They asked if she wanted to drive. She said I can't I am on medicine. The officer then aksed if they needed to call someone to drive them home. She said ask him(meaning the driver) Wow I think maybe we are lucky this is all that happened !

197351974-M.jpg

197352006-M.jpg

197351961-M.jpg

Luckly for us a Sheriff brought his trash out to the curb. I went over and asked him if he had a come along(sp),chains and a high lift jack. He indeed had a chain. I will let Chris and Scott narate this portion.

We stopped at a body shop that chris had a bicycle frame painted at. We asked for all the same items. They not only had all the itmes but a torch too. It wasn't long and we had things looking good enough to continue.

197352275-M.jpg

197352092-M.jpg

Some of the single track we cut

197352281-M.jpg

197352506-M.jpg

197352321-M.jpg

Misc picture on the single track

( the Herd )
197352228-M.jpg

The caves road just after I did a superman and went over the front bars :lol2: That GPS mount didn't feel good on the ribs.

197353127-M.jpg

Scott and Chris behind me

197353273-M.jpg

Lower part of Lewis and Clark on a different section of single track we cut.Chris then Scott

197353408-M.jpg

197353637-M.jpg

More tomorrow

Good Night

Mike Green

Last edited:
Where is Chris,sure he has a pict or two.

Think the ins. man needs the first pictures!!!!!

Ok it all started out innocent enough. Mike and Scott wanted to do a three day weekend that involved a small group so there would be less time waiting at corners and more tme riding. Well we got more time riding that's for sure 130 miles on Saturday in 9 hours that incuded changing three flats, and drying out two bikes. You'll notice in most of the pictures the reccuring theme is where's the trail?

196846077-M.jpg

Scott making a gearing change. Needless to say we were in some tight stuff for most of the weekend and the big XR needed a little help in the form of a smaller sprocket up front.

196846830-M.jpg

Scott and Mike looking at the GPS after the first climb of the day on Saturday. Notice where we came from there is no trail.

196847366-M.jpg

Scott

196847952-M.jpg

Mike

196848938-M.jpg

Mike crossing the Little River in the place I probably should have gone through.

196849984-M.jpg

Mike and Scott draining water out of Scotts tailpipe. I had water on the carb side of my airfilter, but there was no water coming out of my tailpipe. Unlike Scott's which woudl spurt water out everytime he kicked it. I ended up using a iece of fuel hose to siphon the water out and about 10 minutes later Mike was able to kick it over and start it. I tried kicking it, but the first crash of the weekend was still hurting me everytime I got on the bike, so me kicking was really hurting.

196850601-M.jpg

Mike

196851183-M.jpg

Scott

196851475-M.jpg

Scott

196851752-M.jpg

Mike

196852281-M.jpg

My bike sitting on the makeshift workstand after riding 3 miles? back to the state park on what woudl be the third flat of the day. First was a nail, second was a pinched tube, third was the patch coming loose after highway speeds for 15 miles. Just for reference, it was an ultra heavy durty MSR tube, with Slime and the patch held all day until this point.

196852806-M.jpg

Mike climbing out on day three

196853559-M.jpg

Scott going up a steep rocky climb. Pictures do not do any of these areas justice, and I couldn't take many more because I was to busy trying to keep up with Mike, and it hurt when I took my Camelback off. I don't think anything is broken, but i'm still sore.

The new steed hanging out in it's element where it belongs !

197357593-M.jpg

My 1st attempt at the gate keeper. Notice my spotter Scott to keep me from going back down when I didn't make it :lol2: I think I was on the gas too much this time. The 2nd attempt it was more of a bunch of throttle blurps and body english. Hopefully I will replace my camera soon so we can get some better mocing shots :doh:

197353738-M.jpg

Scott rescuing me :clap:

197353892-M.jpg

The gate keeper starts at about 45 degrees I would say,Then you go over the face of about a 4x5 foot rock that is flat and could be a jump. after that you go for a couple bike lengths veer left. This is the tricky part you hit a 60 degree grade with a few embedded rocks for a bike and a half or 2.

Scott gettin it on the gate keeper.

197354214-M.jpg

197354315-M.jpg

Unfortunatly we don't have any pics of Chris and his attempt. He was a wheel away from the top and lost momentum. Then low sided down the gate keeper for about 8-10 feet. The bike coming to rest just in front of him. I was taking the pic when he hit the top all of a sudden the bike veered hard to the left.I snapped the pic, then saw a front wheel flying right at me. It came within a foot of me then chased him back down the hill. I am glad Chris is just sore. An unbelievable charge at the Gate Keeper ! Sunday we all planned to make another go at it but we were pretty tired from the weekends activities. We decided to pass until next time :giveup: LOL

The view from the cabin. The state park was pretty busy this weekend with campers. There were only us 3,Greengoose,Backspinn,and there budy Andrew Then 1 Jeeping group. All the rest were campers. Usually the Jeepers and Bikers dominate the place.

197354397-M.jpg

Exploration of the roads less traveled. I told the guys I preferred a road that had grass growing in it or rocks exposed. Gravel was OK but my last choice. We seemed to find about 60 percent of the trip to Pickens to be that way. Most of the trip from Pickens to Honobia was all that way till we hit pavement. we did see a bunch of Texans up then setting up for the upcoming deer season ! How much does a LBS of deer meat cost after all that :rofl:

197354487-M.jpg

Scott

197354587-M.jpg

Ok back to work

More later !

Mike Green

Last edited:
Wow guys looks like fun. Well maybe work, but some work is fun. You are putting thoes bikes through the ringer! Does the trail have some "trail" to it yet, or is still too over grown?

Wow guys looks like fun. Well maybe work, but some work is fun. You are putting thoes bikes through the ringer! Does the trail have some "trail" to it yet, or is still too over grown?

LOL

In my mind it all has trail to it ;-) As mentioned above. Parts are like a mini INT
Some of it is over grown but as soon as fall hits the grass will die and we will knock a nice single track down through the middle of the ATV track. I also think whoever rides their ATV on it will soon be doing it again. I think they use it for hunting !
Other parts are virgin. We have a good track worn but need to go back and hang a few more orange markers along with taking a few sapplings out. I think if we run it again with a group of 5 or 6 intermediate dirt bikers or expert dual sporters it should be pretty good to go! It is about 23 miles currently and is perfect for a Sunday morning ride with time to make it back to Dallas at a decent time. Too bad you weren't coming in Thursday night. I have Friday OFF ;-)

Mike Green

The flat sequence

197354680-M.jpg

197354778-M.jpg

There are jack stands everywhere !

197354881-M.jpg

Slime and KLIM

197355140-M.jpg

197355240-M.jpg

The culprit and it was on the seam of a thick tube

197355345-M.jpg

Scott after his swim and Chris going to help

197355735-M.jpg

197355956-M.jpg

The little river

197355836-M.jpg

Chris's picking a different spot

197356093-M.jpg

Bonzai

197356202-M.jpg

197356448-M.jpg

Misc on the way from Pickens to Honobia

197356546-M.jpg

197356778-M.jpg

The killer down hill. You caan see this hill from hwy 144 just past the horse camp before Honobia on the right. We are going back to climb it. Down hill it was a bugger. :rider:

197356950-M.jpg

197357052-M.jpg

This is near the bottom looking back up at Chris

197357312-M.jpg

197357407-M.jpg

Check out that form ! :clap:

197357498-M.jpg

No Mas

El Fin

Adios

Mike Green

Kinda some fill in here.The river was maybe 2-3ft deep at my crossing and slimy deluxe.Made it 3/4 across and put my foot down and slid over,cold and laughing I just looked at how nice it was to be there.Chris tried the deeper crossing[3-5ft],guess he needed to cool off too.So Mike,the good guy he is jumped in to save Chris only to join us for our swim.Way cool in my book,really funny.

The long downhill was maybe 1-2mi long[guessing]with waterbars that had eroded into mini cliffs and of course at the bottom of the cliffs-rocks.

While not for everyone I totaly enjoyed myself,wornout and stress releived for another week or two anyway.Great pictures guys.Not sure but I beleive photojojo will be leading some at the clayton d/s ride this year.Good chance to Rock-Out!!!!!

Sorry folks the whole tire story[3 flats]was remedied in about 30-40min.Not alot of story there?????

Well, well. Looks like you guys are having too much fun without me. I sure miss those trees. Hope to join ya'll soon.

Back