• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Setup Sunrise Boots

Reaction score
I wore these boots for the first time also on my Swiss/Italian Alps tour.

50a40de80d8727457fba322a98f064f7_rough.jpg

I got them on closeout from Newenough for $89, good thing too. Cause I give these boots a :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: on a scale of 1 to 5. If I'd paid full price I'd been more disappointed than I was over the quality of the boot.

The left side zipper pull bent as I was zipping it up. And I wasn't pulling that hard when it happened. I bent it back straight, but it broke off as I rode. The pull tab was much thinner than the right side tab. Maybe I'm whining, but I expected more from a maker like Sidi (who oversees the manufacture and quality control). And they only come with a 60 day warranty, Sidi boots some with a two year warranty (!). I got mine less than 60 days ago and to their credit Setup has said that they will take them back and repair them

They are water proof, and offer good protection, I like the soles. But I wouldn't use these boots in warm weather. My socks were soaked with sweat after riding the day in the high 70's, somehing that has never happened with my JR Revolutions or my Oxtar Matrix boots. Of course those boots are made of leather and the Sunrise's are of synthetic leather. To give some points to the Setups my feet did stay warm when the temps got down to the high 30's, so this might make a good cold weather boot.

As I said. For $89 these weren't a bad buy.

Wow, same thing happened with my left boot, and I paid full price for them nearly a year ago. I stuck a small keyring through the metal loop to replace the pull tab and have been ok since. I like them overall, but have found that they are water-resistant, not waterproof. When standing in a puddle that reaches mid-zipper (on the boot;-) ) they still get soaked inside. I do like the styling, and at the closeout price, I might actually get a spare set.

Back