• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

10/27&11/17 Work Days @Bridgeport's Northwest Park

Reaction score
First Name
Laura
Last Name
White
Two more work days have been set for building trails at The City of Bridgeport's Northwest Park.
Saturday Oct 27 and Saturday Nov. 17

Please make plans to attend. Work starts at 9am and will stop around 1 or 2pm at which time we don't have to be off the property until 4pm. That means two hours of play time.

Thanks
Laura
817-939-1485

We arrived at the gravel pit right at 8 am. Before anyone else. It was a beautiful day...bright and clear a full moon still hanging in the sky. We enjoyed the solitude til around 9, when folks started trickling in. I didn't count the number of people there this time. I figured it would be a small turn out with so many Halloween runs already in the works. But, we did fill up one page from a legal pad with volunteer signatures and started another page.

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I kinda always feel like it's the blind leading the blind at times....especially when Ryan from The City looks to me and sez "how do you want to do this". Ok, from the various trips I've made to the property to scout out desirable features, I realized that I did have a plan...kind of anyway.

I knew Ryan had wanted us to find a couple of ways from the woods on the South up the slop to the top of the pit. And I knew of 2 rocky v-ditches that would work for the big rigs. So, I took the whole group there first and dropped off those that thought they could find a trail down and up those v-ditches.

The rest of the group followed the perimeter trail down the western edge. I think a number of folks stopped on the way down and cleaned up that trail a little...it had trimmings from the first work day on the trail ...and well, that part of the trail needed a little more work.

Anyone else who was still following me ended up at a large rock outcropping off of the perimeter trail just South of the powerline road. We ended up with a nice little rocky trail with an easy way out, a harder way out and features for even harder obsticles. And I even marked the rock trail that I had riden up with Tom Allen from PSC when we went on that Fox4News filming.

After that we explored a little and found a way to pull that one part of the perimeter trail back away from the road...although we still need to figure out the best way to cross those above ground exposed gas lines.

It was a very successful work day. You all should make plans to attend the next one Nov 17th.

Back