• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

November Dirt Days - 17 & 18 @ RRMT

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
November Dirt Days - Red River Motorcycle Trails, Muenster, Texas.
Saturday November 17, 2007 and Sunday November 18,2007.

Ok it's time to get this ride all set up. The south is planning to invade the north on November 17 & 18, 2007. We plan on camping and will have a grill or two with us. All are invited to attend one or both days with us. We will have riders of all skill levels from racers to trail riders to beginners.

We have not decided which area we will set up camp in. That info to follow. Most of the southern riders have not ridden RRMT before and some of us only once, so we would like to have a rider or more that is familiar with the property to help make this a more enjoyable weekend.

The line up as of now:
Hemibee
Mopower
AC Cobra
JW333 (from TON) +1
kstrs
letsride - (1 day)
Stik Man
Brutus
Greasemonkey
Photojojo
Soloklr +2
TxSandman
Calgary-Yogi
Thunderchild +1
ed29
DFW_Warrior
TypeSH
norestartswact
pazzoduc +2
sofarkingslow

Last edited:
Ooh, sounds like fun! I'll see what the schedule looks like...

Ohhh... I'd love to go, but I'm working that weekend! Grrrr!!!

Is this the same ride we talked about last month? I'm still interested so i can get my son out and let him try his first bike:eek2:

Put me down as a maybe. If I make it I would be happy to lead a dirtbike group around with the understanding that we will get lost, stuck in a nasty ravine that is near impossible to get out, and somebody (maybe me) will break something on their bike.

Is this the same ride we talked about last month? I'm still interested so i can get my son out and let him try his first bike:eek2:

Yes, this is the same ride. The other thread was more or less a feeler for setting up the ride.

Hmm one month after the Centerville 300, I should be good. Put me down as a maybe.

I am a local maybe. It will depend on whether I can afford to fix the CRF after my wreck Sunday. So many torn up parts!

Put me down as a maybe. If I make it I would be happy to lead a dirtbike group around with the understanding that we will get lost, stuck in a nasty ravine that is near impossible to get out, and somebody (maybe me) will break something on their bike.

I wouldn't want to miss that... Count me & the family in. :clap:

Anybody have any experience teaching a young kid to ride? I got the bike but I don't know how well my son is going to take to it. This should be the right place to give it a try.

Honda has a excellent course for beginner dirt riders. They supply the bike, gear.
If your going to teach him then start easy. Show how to and get ready to help him up. Don't laugh unless he is laughing.
1/4 throttle and easy clutch over and over and over and over. big circles.

luckily no clutch needed. He's shown a lot of interest. I got the helmet, but I don't know what else to get. When I started i got a helmet and a shove. Lucky I figured it out quick. Maybe he'll be a quick study.

I sent my 11 year old through the Honda course back in July. Just to make it more fun, my wife and I went through the course with him and it was a fun family day. I had tried to take him out a time or two before that and what I realized very quickly was that while I know how to ride, I had no idea how to teach someone to ride.

They pretty much followed the drills in this PDF file. Each one kind of builds on the last. http://www.dirtbikeschool.com/downloads/MSF_TnPG.pdf

Mostly you need a fairly flat, open place to do most of the drills. 1/2 acre would be ideal. Half a dozen orange cones or something else suitable for use as markers is helpful, too, for the drills.

They tend to fall a lot at first - low speed stuff, but gloves, boots, knee pads, and elbow pads will save some skin and tears. A long-sleeved jersey is good idea - on sale they're cheap and it'll make him feel like Ricky Carmichael.

And you can count me and son Sam in for the weekend. Wife Lisa would be a maybe for Sunday only - she has to work Saturday.

Anybody have any experience teaching a young kid to ride? I got the bike but I don't know how well my son is going to take to it. This should be the right place to give it a try.

How old is he? My 6 & 3 year olds are just starting out also.

I'll join in for 1 day. Know are trails and can lead a group if needed (medium pace).

Helmet,Gloves, Hunting style boots (over the ankle) or motorcycle boots., blue jeans to start with.
Maybe a set of knee pads and elbow pads.

Back