• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Video AZ single track

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Last Name
McCreight
I posted this up in the camera's thread, but figured it might more exposure here. This is the best single track I have found close to home. Nothing like Texas, but it is free and 7 minutes from work.

Hard pack dirt, and sand. See if you can count all of the cactus on the screen. Sorry about the sound, I will try and import some music next time.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1264807

Don't use a sound track, I like the sound of a motor. However, based on the sound and how you kept looking back, you must have been being chased by a guy with a chainsaw :rofl:

Is is starting to cool off there yet? I'm thinking the evenings must be getting nice. I'm heading for Phoenix next week for a quick drop off of something and maybe a ride with my sister in law and her husband. I'm hoping for a cool morning and nice low humidity.

Don't use a sound track, I like the sound of a motor. However, based on the sound and how you kept looking back, you must have been being chased by a guy with a chainsaw :rofl:

Is is starting to cool off there yet? I'm thinking the evenings must be getting nice. I'm heading for Phoenix next week for a quick drop off of something and maybe a ride with my sister in law and her husband. I'm hoping for a cool morning and nice low humidity.

This weekend the highs were in the 80s, lows in the low 50s. This morning it was nice and cool but I just came in from lunch and it was a bit warm. Nothing really to complain about.

Yeah, I kept on looking back because "get bent" or Jim was behind me and I was working hard to loose him. Last time we went there he said he hated riding in the desert. This time he was on me like glue.

If you are going to be in town next weekend, the 20th, There is the AMA national hare scramble at Globe (60 miles east of Phoenix) and it will be my first race. You can sign up as me on Sunday and if you get 1st we split the $1500;-)

Great news about the weather. Should be somewhat warmer in Phoenix, but I'm looking forward to the dryer air and cooler mornings.

It's looking like I might not make it out on the 20th though. I'm thinking of pushing it out a weekend or two.

Oh man, I couldn't focus on the trail because I was too worried about tagging a cholla... guessing the guy at the end actually did?

If you want some awesome singletrack, you need to load up and head for the trails at Pima/Dynamite in N Scottsdale, at least a couple 100 miles of AWESOME trails. Doesn't get much better than that... go during the week if you can though, it's dangerous on the weekend. Make sure you have plenty of time too... There's also some great singletrack in the Bradshaw mountains (the Crown King area), you'll crap your pants on some of it :eek2:

Oh man, I couldn't focus on the trail because I was too worried about tagging a cholla... guessing the guy at the end actually did?

If you want some awesome singletrack, you need to load up and head for the trails at Pima/Dynamite in N Scottsdale, at least a couple 100 miles of AWESOME trails. Doesn't get much better than that... go during the week if you can though, it's dangerous on the weekend. Make sure you have plenty of time too... There's also some great singletrack in the Bradshaw mountains (the Crown King area), you'll crap your pants on some of it :eek2:

Good info. I am getting ready to spread my wings and try some trails out of town. It was the ride showed in the video that I finally linked all of the sections of the 22 mile loop togther with out back tracking.

Next time you all plan a trip, let me know.

Edit: and my camera skills suck since there was a 6" cholla in Get Bent's fore arm and I didn't get any of it on camera.

Last edited:
Here's a pretty good vid from the PD trails:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oQmc-SLLAVM
Reduce the size for better quality...

Cool, it reminds me of Reddington Rd very close to the house except that we have more rock so it isn't as fast or smooth.

I get to ride in Globe next weekend, it is a race so it will not be trail riding but I get to try something diffrent. Here is the link I posted on TWtex

Here is a video of our buddy wiping out on Reddington and getting a cactus in his leg, butt, and arm. I am commentating.

Back