• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Red River Nov1st

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Last Name
McCreight
Well, lets celebrate,

1 Brutus gets a new dirt bike
2 I come to town
3 It is nov 1st
4 Goat trail green will soon be hitched
5 There are no cactus on the trails at Red river!

So, Nov 1st, I plan to go out with Brutus to Red River, Outlaw6 will most probably join us. We will get there around 9ish, no need to rush now that it is cool!

Adam

Re: Read River Nov1st

Sweet, the more the merrier! This will be a good bit of fun there! I rode up there once and didn't have any decent equipment. The combat boots I wore literally fell apart so I didn't get to do much riding, plus it was really hot and I was the only guy without a camel back so I think this time will be excellent since I have corrected those definciencies. See you all in 15 days!

Yep, Firstman is going to be on vacation and I am taking the day off for it too. That weekend he has some wedding related duties so it's Thursday. Heck, lots of guys I work with take off during the week to play golf. I won't express my feelings towards golf...

BTW did anyone see the story about the golfers who got trapped on a hole because of flooding? I still can't figure out that one.

How will a KLR 650 work on this road or is it trails? Is the route open to the public? Is there a published route for this ride posted any place?
Thanks
:sun:

One of our buddies was riding an XR650 back there, it's all trails though. It's in Munster, TX. Here is the link to their website: http://www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com/index.html , I have been there one time and it was an awesome park. It's like 2500 acres and there are trails everywhere...

If you want to join us I imagine we could figure out a place to meet up, if not in the park itself.

I wouldn't have any fun on a KLR out there. But if your a good rider it can be done.

I wouldn't have any fun on a KLR out there. But if your a good rider it can be done.

That would be my thoughts as well.

With knobbies and momentum I am sure you could do everything, but if you do not have the experince I would not suggest it. I know from personal experince picking up a KLR on the trail 5x (and I had the tank full) and picking up a "dirt bike" 5x, the dirt bike allowed me to keep on going while I gave up on the KLR.

But, if you are willing to go knowing that you cannot do it all, but rather check it out and push yourself a bit you could still have fun. I think you could run the trail parallel to the river as well as a few others(and all the main road type trails). And heck, I am sure I will want a break at somepoint and you can borrow my bike. Disclamer: You damage it you pay for the part! :rider:

I wouldn't have a problem letting you ride my bike as well when I get tired with the same disclaimer...

We are still on for Thursday. Brutus and I plan to leave Plano around 6:30. I have to stop by whitesboro to drop 2 dogs at the vet and then I an heading west to munster. We should be ready to ride no later than 10 am. I hope earier.

Adam.

P.S. I rode with Brutus at Brusy Creek on Monday. I thought traction was a dream. Turns out it was true, if you push the bike, the bike will bite in and make that turn. This is a major negitive about Arizona!

I'm good to go. I have to decide if I'm going to put a tire on today or not. We won't leave here until about 8:30 so we'll be a little behind you. Jeff has to pick the kids up from school so we'll have to leave about 1:30.

I will probably be more tired more often than I had imagined! Brushy Creek was a good workout and I am still walking funny! So my WR will be more frequently available than I originally thought! I still can't wait to go, my body will get in line. I'll recover on the weekend!

Anyone have a home remedy that they would like to suggest for really sore muscles? :rider:

The best thing I've found for sore muscles is a cold shower. This is usually best as soon as possible after a hard workout or ride. Your muscles are inflamed from the work and that raises your body heat, so a hot shower might sound relaxing, but it just works against you. A cold shower will bring the body heat down and help the muscles to recover faster. FWIW I start warm and the turn the hot down gradually.

Figures I didn't take a hot shower I took a hot bath! My logic was that the lactic acid that accumulates in the muscle tissue needs to be removed and increasing blood flow to the muscles removes all the built up stuff.

I am taking a few different amino acid supplements popular with weight lifters for recovery between workout and creatine which should help as well. I'll say this riding every couple of weeks will be an amazing addition to a normal workout! Talk about shocking your body, this was a tazing into submission!

I'm good to go. I have to decide if I'm going to put a tire on today or not. We won't leave here until about 8:30 so we'll be a little behind you. Jeff has to pick the kids up from school so we'll have to leave about 1:30.

I got your message late last night. If you are going to do the tire today, let me know and I will help..

See you tomorrow

I will probably be more tired more often than I had imagined! Brushy Creek was a good workout and I am still walking funny!

You always walk funny!
So my WR will be more frequently available than I originally thought! I still can't wait to go, my body will get in line. I'll recover on the weekend!
:rider:

Yeah but it's a new kind of funny! Neither of my legs appreciate me moving them much. And yes I know I am very out of shape, I have been looking for a good leg workout.

Adam,
It just drives me crazy, but I don't think can make it tomorrow. Seeyou at the wedding.
Well, I was hoping you could run circles around me, showing me how slow I am. I guess Chris will have to do that instead.

See you later on this week.

Riding in the middle of the week,sure I'll be there.
On my klr and no I'm not takin a cold shower with anyone
:doh:

Must be nice!!!!

Riding in the middle of the week,sure I'll be there.
On my klr and no I'm not takin a cold shower with anyone
:doh:

Must be nice!!!!

It was a good day. Mark was still sore from Monday's ride so we broke off from Chris and (starts with a J) so they could open it up a bit. I am happy to say that my skill level has increased, as everything I tired I made it up. Now I didn't try everything. I do have to say the bike has something to do with it. I wish I would have used this beast of a bike in the race last month.

Back