• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Sansa Clip MP3 player.

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
My Creative Labs Muvo finally crapped out on me so I went looking for a new MP3 player. I found one at Best Buy for $60 and I'm pretty impressed w/ it so far.

Sandisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
2GB for about 400 songs.
FM radio w/ 40 presets
Mini USB connect to computer and then drag n drop
Simple menu for simpletons like myself
Same size as the new shuffle by Apple
Clip instead of an armband type holder - I clip to inside pocket of jacket when riding or gymshorts when I'm at the gym.
Couple different color choices if you are into that.

Radio is decent when riding. Only downfall I found is when I go from radio back to music storage, it starts at the very beginning and not where you last left off. Dunno if I can change that is setup? Comes w/ a mini CD for a manual but does have a paper quick-start guide.

My Creative Labs Muvo finally crapped out on me so I went looking for a new MP3 player. I found one at Best Buy for $60 and I'm pretty impressed w/ it so far.

Sandisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
2GB for about 400 songs.
FM radio w/ 40 presets
Mini USB connect to computer and then drag n drop
Simple menu for simpletons like myself
Same size as the new shuffle by Apple
Clip instead of an armband type holder - I clip to inside pocket of jacket when riding or gymshorts when I'm at the gym.
Couple different color choices if you are into that.

Radio is decent when riding. Only downfall I found is when I go from radio back to music storage, it starts at the very beginning and not where you last left off. Dunno if I can change that is setup? Comes w/ a mini CD for a manual but does have a paper quick-start guide.

I have been looking at one of these. Was it worth the $60? How does it sound when you are riding? I know you mentioned the radio was decent, but what about the regular music? Can you operate it with your gloves on?

I have been looking at one of these. Was it worth the $60? How does it sound when you are riding? I know you mentioned the radio was decent, but what about the regular music? Can you operate it with your gloves on?

To me, it was worth the $60. I used it all day yesterday on a ride to OK (that is another story) and it was fine. I listened to radio in morning until I hit the border and lost the local station. I then switched to music and it was great. (I did find the option to go back where you left off and not start all over again). I can't operate it w/ gloves on w/ one exception - center button can be hit w/ gloves on and it scrolls thru presets of the radio which is kinda nice.

It shows that volume is almost to the halfway mark. I should say, that the speakers that come w/ it are worthless. I have some in ear buds that isolate sound well so you can hear music @ 80mph.

Now, my only complaint is that they don't give you a plug to plug up the mini usb connector. I don't know if dirt, lint, dust will get in there over time.

Get it, you'll like it.

To me, it was worth the $60. I used it all day yesterday on a ride to OK (that is another story) and it was fine. I listened to radio in morning until I hit the border and lost the local station. I then switched to music and it was great. (I did find the option to go back where you left off and not start all over again). I can't operate it w/ gloves on w/ one exception - center button can be hit w/ gloves on and it scrolls thru presets of the radio which is kinda nice.

It shows that volume is almost to the halfway mark. I should say, that the speakers that come w/ it are worthless. I have some in ear buds that isolate sound well so you can hear music @ 80mph.

Now, my only complaint is that they don't give you a plug to plug up the mini usb connector. I don't know if dirt, lint, dust will get in there over time.

Get it, you'll like it.

I think I just may. One more question then i will leave you alone. When you switched over from radio to your mp3 music, was it easy to do while riding?

I think I just may. One more question then i will leave you alone. When you switched over from radio to your mp3 music, was it easy to do while riding?

No, you're gonna have to stop and take the glove off. I stopped for breakfest so it was no big deal.

Back