• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Okay... Okay... I give!! You can have your own section!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

I never realized that one thread would pull in so many bandit nuts :lol2: Rather than get get threads spread all over the place, I figured the easy thing to do would be to just setup a subforum for you guys ;-)

For the rest of you non-Bandit peeps, if you ask nicely, I might be inclined to do likewise for your bike :-P

Wow, TM, nice move on your part. :clap: Those Bandit guys are everywhere! :clap: :rider:

Thanks for supporting the mania, TM! It couldn't have happened without this excellent forum. :rider:

Howdy,

I never realized that one thread would pull in so many bandit nuts :lol2: Rather than get get threads spread all over the place, I figured the easy thing to do would be to just setup a subforum for you guys ;-)

For the rest of you non-Bandit peeps, if you ask nicely, I might be inclined to do likewise for your bike :-P

Um, hey buddy you forgot to change the domain name!!

www.twtex-bandits-rule-and-dont-forget-it-or-ill-shoot-you-in-the-***-and-i-can-because-its-texas.com

I think .org is available too.

JM

I go to http://yamaha-triples.org/ for stuff specific to my bike. Come here for Texas related stuff - mostly ride information with a little sports, religion, and politics for extra fun.

Howdy,

Harley Limo section, please.:miffed:

Harley Limo.jpg

:-P

What? What's that noise I hear? Sounds like a can opener to me....

Say! Is that a number 10 can of worms I see you've got there?

Whirllllllll.....

1136355907YRn2Z3.jpg

Yep! Sure is!

Last edited:
There goes the neighborhood....

:tab Yeah, I know it is a slippery slope... I thought about that before doing it. But if these guys want to be here and want to talk Bandit, then I might as well accommodate them ;-) I am not opposed to doing sections for other Bikes/Brands. I admit it does seem redundant when there are entire forums out there dedicated to most any bike you can think of. However, for whatever reason, folks may not want to visit those forums :shrug: I don't really think it will cause a schism in the community as a whole because I think the aspects of TWT that draw people here will still be maintained. This includes the friendly and clean atmosphere, the abundance of rides, meets, and other events, the abundance of people willing to help other people with anything they need, and so on. Besides, if people are already forming bike specific threads, it is a fait acommpli, and creating the specific forum just makes it easier to keep it organized :-P

:tab So... What other forums do folks wish to see? :ponder:

KLR 650
Vstroms (1K and 650 together)
XR 650 (R and L)
Busas....

and...?

I don't really think it will cause a schism in the community as a whole

But it does seem to diverge from one of your tenets of integrating the motorcycle community and not creating separate forums for different "types" of motorcycles (i.e. sport vs touring vs cruiser). This could be the beginning of the end although I hope not.:zen:

But it does seem to diverge from one of your tenets of integrating the motorcycle community and not creating separate forums for different "types" of motorcycles (i.e. sport vs touring vs cruiser). This could be the beginning of the end although I hope not.:zen:

:tab Well, the beauty of the forum software is that we can try it for a while and see how it works. If we decide it is no good, then we can just dump all the threads back into one forum and delete the subsections ;-)

:tab What would REALLY help continue to promote the idea of all bikes being welcome is for more people to take good pics of bikes on rides and submit them to me for use as front page pics or banners. I get many comments about those images and the feel they give to the site. This is particularly true of images that have multiple types of bikes in them, like Pie Run pics.

:tab What would REALLY help continue to promote the idea of all bikes being welcome is for more people to take good pics of bikes on rides and submit them to me for use as front page pics or banners. I get many comments about those images and the feel they give to the site. This is particularly true of images that have multiple types of bikes in them, like Pie Run pics.

Like this? (well, maybe it's not a 'good' pic but just an 'ok' pic)
There's not a dual-sport in the pic, but we did go off-pavement:rider:
100_0502.JPG

I have to say I like the idea. Before I had my Bandit, I owned a 1989 CBR 600 and I visited cbrforum.com everyday. I still visit that site every few days because I met a lot of great people there as I hope to do here.
They have set their forum up by model of bike and it makes it great when you are looking for a specific item or troubleshooting for your model of bike.
Then they have their common topics to just shoot the **it in.
The Bandit 1250S thread has reached 1000 post and there is a lot of great info in their, the problem is finding it. Setting the forum up to allow us to access desired info faster is always a good thing. Thank you.

Wait, it's only up to 968. It's going to take a couple of days for that thread to get over 1,000! :mrgreen:

I really like the idea of a bandit forum (then, I may be biased). It's nice to go to a place where we're all like-minded. Sure, we all got bikes, and we're also "like minded" - but for me, living in Auz, there's many local forums that offer general bike discussion, so I wouldn't bother frequenting TWT regularly. However, there's very few (read none) that offer bandit-specific forums. Especially stocked by such friendly folk as I find here.

The hardest part's gonna be to kill that mega-thread. I don't think ppl will stop just by asking. for instance, you're gonna get new people come along, who don't know, and it'll start up again and again. Someone might have to consider locking it so no one can post to it?

Back