• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cherokee Nov 17th & 18th

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
The TORCH group is having a weekend ride at Cherokee Cycle park, which is outside of Milano, TX. They are camping on Saturday night. I believe there is a discount to ride during the day if you mention TORCH. I'll double check to see what it is.

Sorry this conflicts with the TWT dirt day at Red River, but it is another option for folks that want to hit the dirt.

Okay, here is the official note. I'm still checking on whether we are getting a discount for riding. There is no TORCH fee, just the Cherokee Cycle park cost.

TORCH is planning a camp & ride weekend at Cherokee Cycle Park, in Milano on Saturday Nov. 17 and Sunday Nov. 18. Please round up your family and friends and plan to join us for a weekend of fellowship, camping and riding.

Cherokee has 1100+ acres and is one of the best places to ride in Central Texas. It caters to bikes and ATV's and is suitable for beginners and seasoned riders. There are over 26+ miles of trails, grass tracks, and an MX track. There are also camp sites and restrooms with shower.

Planned activities:
  • Ride Saturday and Sunday
  • Camp Saturday Night (Campfire - bike stories/reflection time - Give Thanks for 2007)
  • Sunday morning worship
  • Potluck - bring a dish to share for breakfast, lunch or dinner
  • TORCH T-shirts and FOX hats will be on sale (all proceeds go to TORCH events)
  • Dirt bike and ATV rentals (See Cherokee Website for details)
If you have any questions about this ride, please email us at info@torchriders.org.

For additional information on Cherokee Cycle Park or to get directions, please visit their web page at Cherokee Cycle Park.

Y'all have fun Rusty. Maybe next time we won't have other plans and could join the ride.

Y'all have fun Rusty. Maybe next time we won't have other plans and could join the ride.

Yeah, didn't have anything to do with the planning of this one. I was torn between it, you guys going up to Red River and going to the public day at Crooked Creek. Crooked Creek got ruled out pretty fast since the other choices involved riding with friends. So it came down to the fact that I'm part of the core TORCH group and should be helping with the weekend.

Sorry I'm going to miss the RR ride. I've never been up there, but I seem to get a lot of ridding in between now and spring break. Something about the weather being great for dirt biking. No problem staying warm when you are working to dodge trees.

Okay, just an update. If you are attending, mention TORCH when you pay. Should be $15 a person per day. We are hoping to set up our camp site down the road past the house on the left. Under a bunch of trees. I will get there either Friday evening or moderately early Saturday ~8am. Look for a beige Ford 4 door pickup with a black utility trailer. Should be some ez-up awnings and other vehicles there too.

I'm bringing my Transalp and was thinking of wandering some of the roads in the area also if anybody was thinking of dual sporting it.

Bad weekend for me but it does sound like fun. I heard good things about Cherokee. A friend took his KTM 525EXC and got his fill of trail riding. Said he was whooped. Enjoy!

Bad weekend for me but it does sound like fun. I heard good things about Cherokee. A friend took his KTM 525EXC and got his fill of trail riding. Said he was whooped. Enjoy!

There are some sand areas in the open, plus a road section that get that way. The road section is the two way section coming and going from the trails and gets some higher speed use. Trails are usually in pretty good shape.

Expecting some rain on thursday and friday so the sand should be firm and the dust down.

Any chance some slow/new folks will be attending (that you know of) ?

Any chance some slow/new folks will be attending (that you know of) ?

I'm not seeing a lot of replies on the couple of forums this is posted, but a couple of the people that have mentioned kids. I think one adult was a new rider. I'll let you know if I get some confirmed slow pokes. :lol2:

I'm also going to post something up about riding at Crooked Creek by Waco for the Dec 1st and 2nd on their public weekend. Not a TORCH ride, just me and whoever I can talk into it. Could be only me and Gotdurt. You would find that an easier place to ride than Cherokee. Many of the trails are wider and flow better...meaning less clutch work and less first gear.

I don't mind Cherokee, I just don't want to make people wait on me out there if I can help it.

I don't mind Cherokee, I just don't want to make people wait on me out there if I can help it.

No problem, we can just pick you up on the next loop. That way you are always in front :rofl:

Actually, as long as I get good loop in and make the fast guys wait for me, I'm always happy to ride with the slower folks. I'm really an in betweener as far as speed goes. I've had my fill of pushing hard to keep up, so I just try to get better and smoother. If that happens then I'm riding fast. If I'm not riding smooth, then its time to slow down because otherwise I'm in the trees.

I may be up for Cherokee on Sunday... I need to figure out if my GF is working or not, first though.

Back