• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer of Thanks

Reaction score
First Name
Darci
Last Name
Escandon
First, I would like to Thank God for his blessings. Over the year, I have made friends with two wonderful gentleman (don't let them hear me call them that! ) one owns a motorcycle shop and the other owns the machine shop next door. Between the two of them, there is over 100 years of motorcycle experience and stories. Over the summer, they took me under their wing. I worked in the motorcycle shop and learned more in the few short months then I would have every learned at MMI! Hanging out the the machine shop brought me stories that I will treasure for ever. Trails of preporation, running, leading and finishing the Baja 1000, Visits to the Honda dealer back when Mr. Honda was alive and honda flew all their dealers over to Japan to take a tour and many more that I just don't have time to relate.

here I am, a girl with just basic mechanic capabilities and a thirst for knowledge. Motorcycles have been a passion of mine since I was little and God led me to these fella's. I didn't make any money, and i didn't go in to gain any money. They rubbed off on me and I rubbed off on them. Every morning I pray for God to fill me with the holy spirit and let me and my life be an example to those around me.

anyway, I am rambling...sorry...this is my reason for Thanks...two weeks ago, I dropped my bike on it's left side and the shifter broke off. I was devastated. Riding is what got my husband going to church. It is our form of dating. We ride to Church on Sunday and then just take off from there.

Anyway, I was crushed. No more dates, no more rides...I got online, reached out to my forum members. Got a lot of great advice and best wishes. When I realized what it might take to fix the bike, I almost wanted to give up. There was no way I have the $$$ to fix it. I just bought her less than 30 days prior and hadn't even made my first payment!!!

I just asked God to help me. 1st, Help me take the saddness away. i was healthy, I had a good husband, a wonderful daughter, a home and a good life. God had provided me everything I needed, this was just machine, a thing something fun. It wasn't important in the scheme of things.

Anyway, I took the bike to the shop last week. Richie and Keith assured me everything was going to be ok. I gave Richie all the information I had gained from everyone and he said we'd get it fixed together.

yesterday, I went to the shop and sure enough, we fixed it together. When it came time for me to pay him, He said give me $20 and we'll call it even. I didn't know what to say. Out of that $20, $3 was for the inspection sticker bracket and $12.50 was for the inspection sticker. He refused to let me pay him for fixing my bike. He said he did it for the challenge!!!

God brings people into our lives for a reason. I learned a long time ago never to question this. Only to trust him. Yes, I have had a lot of problems with the bikes I have owned in the past, but i keep going. I keep at it, I keep trying to fix them and learn all I can. i don't give up.

Please, I ask that you all say a prayer of Thanks for Richie Monroe at RPM Motorcycles and Keith Leighty at Kustom Works for their kindness. I ask God to bless them and keep them safe and well!

Thanks!!!!

Amen to all that! It's wonderful to meet caring people. There are still some around.

Back