• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

(Dull) route Q: Cresson to Richardson? 1187?

Reaction score
Hoping for input from Crowley/Burleson/Mansfield locals!

Usually after a trackday at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson I take 377 and do a freeway jog to 121, then 635 for as long as I can stand. Rush-hour traffic starts where 121 leaves downtown Fort Worth and basically doesn't stop all the way home. Waah, poor me. :)

Anyway, I keep staring at this 1187 that jogs off of 377 and wondering how long it would let me skirt the metromess without backtracking too much. Just looking at the lines it seems like Debbie Ln. to 360/Watson to Camp Wisdom could get me to Spur 408 or Hwy. 67, but I don't know if it throttles down to slow-speed surface streets or what.

I guess I should just try it sometime, but my internal homing beacon stubbornly puts me on the same path every time. Thoughts, anyone?

My recommendation: SH171 to Godley & FM917 to Mansfield & US287 then jog over to SH360.

Debbie Lane (east extension of FM1187) is quite crowded in and around US287, however I use 1187 (from FM157) quite a bit to get over to I35W and US377.

Hope that helps.

Go with Chuck's route. 1187 from 377 east to Mansfield is very heavily travelled, especially by trucks. Going a little further south to SH171/FM917 will be a much more pleasant ride. This little strech of FM917 has some very nice curves, but beware, there are quite a few heaves and dips in the asphalt between Joshua and Egan. That makes it sound worse than it is, so don't worry too much.

Last edited:
Chris - How's it going and have you done any cycle track days lately? I haven't had a chance to get out there since the meet in June. I've also been doing a few things to the car so I can take it out to the track also.

Thanks, guys -- I'll check out 171 and 917. You kept me from wasting a BUNCH of time on a hunch. :sun:
Dave, I did an Elite Trackday on 8/13 and the Buell/Inside Pass event on 10/23. The Buell deal was like a press junket, they took such good care of us. The Elite day was gloriously underpopulated, as if you just got with some friends and rented the track for yourselves. Joe Bob says check it out. :thumb: I also ran the Miata at MSR on 6/23 and Hallett on 9/22. Can't wait to see that Vette on the track!
drivingskid.gif

Yeah, stay off 1187. I used to ride it all the time (20+ years ago!). However now it is full of traffic and big trucks. Not much fun any more. :giveup:

Cheers,
Mike
:rider:

Back