• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Long Way 'round Enchanted Rock

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
McSpadden
Couple of weeks ago, I had a few friends want to do some riding in the hill country, but they could not all make it here at the same time.What I did was take them on a great (kindafast) long ride here starting in Johnson City, but Ihad to do it 3 different times. THE first person was a friend of mine from Tacoma WA, and is a truck driver. He carries his KLR with him on the back of the cab of his big rig. We have ridden together on several occasions in the past, in places such as Utah, Idaho, and Montana, so now Ithought it was my turn to show him some good riding here. Starting here at JC, we went north 281, went to Sandy road, and caught that over to 1324. W rode that all the way to Willow City, stopped and each ate one of Harry's famous pork butt sandwiches. From there, we did the Willow City loop, then south on 16 to Eckert road and over to lower crabapple. From crabapple we went 965 to Enchanted rock, all the way back out to 16, and then north towards LLano. There we picked up 71 east up to CR 315. Other than a little bit on sandy, this was the first serious dirt of the day. All the rest has been pavement. After riding 315, We went home via 71, 962, and 281The other 2 times, Idid the same route with a friend from Schertz, and a friend from SAN Antonio. I am now ready for a different route! That one has become some what mundane! See ya'll in the back 40... c'Ya, RRM :rider:

The roads behind the rock are too sweet.They look like golfcart trails
[paved,8ft. wide].Lots of deer,did I say lots:eek2: ,and granite poking out of the ground everywhere.

Actually, I need to make a couple of corrections in the road #'s from my little blog yesterday. Instead of 1324 it should read 1323. cr308 to cr315 to cr310, and back out to 71 and then home. Just a number play that's all! I used to live in CL over by 472 near Potters Creek. 12 years Iwas there. Ireally don't know if keeping them quiet is gonna help!#@!!!!?!!RRM :lol2:

Can't we just keep these roads a secret.;-) Too much traffic can be a bad thing, ya know.:lol2:

:-P That just strikes me as funny. I really can't imagine a day when there are enough dual sport riders in Texas that those types of roads will have any traffic, much less too much traffic.

:-P That just strikes me as funny. I really can't imagine a day when there are enough dual sport riders in Texas that those types of roads will have any traffic, much less too much traffic.
Yeah, you're supposed to share ;-)
We're a small niche in the two-wheeled world anyway. We're comrades in wheels. :mrgreen:

Back