• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Givi spare parts Q

Reaction score
My Suzuki OEM top rack came with a half-dozen rubber bumpers/spacers that fit into holes in the rack. They cushion the topbox<->rack interface.

Any suggestions on who can source a replacement set? I didn't lube them during the initial installation, and half of them have distorted/torn/disappeared during riding. I contacted Suzuki Megastore in NJ, where I bought the toprack. While very quick to respond to my inquiry, they said that Suzuki told them it would take 3 weeks to get an answer out of Givi! Am hoping to find someone, somewhere domestically who'd have this sort of odds-and-ends stuff available.

thanks,

RNH

Search http://www.ridenow.com.They have the Z126 Bumper Kit for $2.61 ea - comes with 4 grommets. GIVIUSA is out of stock on these things, but at least RideNow has them in stock. I ordered two sets as these things tends to workloose and lauch themselves when the top case is not on.

Phil

I was able to get a Wingrack side bracket for the Tiger at Lone Star BMW. Unless you just need to order online, call your local dealer. They might just have the part you need.

I had seen a smaller list at Twisted Throttle when I was looking for replacement mushroom washers. Thanks for the link, Kurt. :thumb:

Search http://www.ridenow.com.They have the Z126 Bumper Kit for $2.61 ea - comes with 4 grommets. GIVIUSA is out of stock on these things, but at least RideNow has them in stock. I ordered two sets as these things tends to workloose and lauch themselves when the top case is not on.

Phil
When I searched for 'z126' on that site I got a long list of Givi spare parts, and I didn't see that kit in the list. Is it the 'mushroom washers'?

Search RideNow Givi Z126. Then pick "Givi Spare Parts: Givi Rubber Bumper Set for Top Plate $2.61". You'll get a set of 4 rubber grommets that shove in the top plate holes to buffer the plate to trunk. I sealed mine in with rubber glue to keep them put this time.

Phil

My Suzuki OEM top rack came with a half-dozen rubber bumpers/spacers that fit into holes in the rack. They cushion the topbox<->rack interface.

Any suggestions on who can source a replacement set? I didn't lube them during the initial installation, and half of them have distorted/torn/disappeared during riding. I contacted Suzuki Megastore in NJ, where I bought the toprack. While very quick to respond to my inquiry, they said that Suzuki told them it would take 3 weeks to get an answer out of Givi! Am hoping to find someone, somewhere domestically who'd have this sort of odds-and-ends stuff available.

thanks,

RNH

I have ordered a lot of rubber grommets from McMaster Carr Industrial supply in Los Angeles.

I have been ordering stuff from them for years for myself, and during the course of my last job as a project engineer for Easton Sports Inc, and they carry just about anything you can amagine, and then some.

Heres a screen print showing just a few of the sizes and styles of grommets they carry, and if you go to www.mcmaster.com and type rubber grommets in the search box, you will find a couple of pages of rubber grommets.

0b9502d29c077847b1deb3331274784a0_large.jpg

Thanks - had heard about McMaster Carr from a raceshop before, but hadn't thought of them as a possible source. I'll check the measurements when I get back from vacation & see if there's anything that might work. Can't beat the price!

I have ordered a lot of rubber grommets from McMaster Carr Industrial supply in Los Angeles.

I have been ordering stuff from them for years for myself, and during the course of my last job as a project engineer for Easton Sports Inc, and they carry just about anything you can amagine, and then some.

Heres a screen print showing just a few of the sizes and styles of grommets they carry, and if you go to www.mcmaster.com and type rubber grommets in the search box, you will find a couple of pages of rubber grommets.

0b9502d29c077847b1deb3331274784a0_large.jpg

Thanks - had heard about McMaster Carr from a raceshop before, but hadn't thought of them as a possible source. I'll check the measurements when I get back from vacation & see if there's anything that might work. Can't beat the price!

I would be surprised if you weren't able to find the size you need, and yes they are really cheap, and if you do find the size you need, you'll have a lifetime supply of them. ;)

I ordered two of the Z126 kits from Ridenow a couple weeks back. Givi had the entire US out of stock until about 2 weeks ago. Once in, they drop shipped from GIVI-USA. I now have 8 spare of these little gems. I also glued mine in with grip cement - they ain't goin nowhere soon. If you need some and can't get them, PM me and I'll part with some.

Phil

Back