• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding the dirt for the first time!

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Dickey
Got on the road about 7am and road out FM1431 (ran up Cow Creek Rd to 1174 then back to 1431 again) to Marble Falls, then Hwy 281 to Hwy 71 where I got it up to 115 mph b4 slowing down because I couldn't see my partner in my mirrors). and up towards Llano to Click Rd or CR-310 and yes the pavement ended and the dirt began. I dropped the front to 22psi and the rear to 27psi. It felt strange until I started to open it up and go 40 mph and it was fine as wine. No problem going thru the two low water crossings. Have'nt seen washboard dirt roads like that since New Mexico.This road runs into CR-308 where you turn left and run on down to RM-3347 or Althaus-Davis Road down to FM-1323 which you take back to 281 which took us back to 1431 and on home! A real blast!
Total miles from and back to my front door was 183 miles. The Tiger road like a dream
She's needs a bath because she is covered in dirt.
I heard a rattle on the dirt from the dash and the screws that hold the dash down rattle out. I stuck them back in with lock tite when I got home.
All in all a sweet ride.

:clap: Is your Tiger blue? Were you on Four Irons Dr. around 1pm? If so, I saw you. If not there is another very nice looking tiger prowling north Austin.

Yes, that was we. My brother in law Kyle who owns a white BMW F650 Dakar lives on Cedar Forest and we come in on Spicewood Parkway from Anderson Mill Rd. I was riding home down to Anderson Lane and Burnet Rd when you saw me. Were you driving the truck? I think I remember seeing you.
Jim

I was in the white ford Excursion that said COMMAND 2 on the side. I pulled into the fire station. My red Tiger was in the truck bay. ;-)

Back