• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Marianne "Mer" Rogers Plano, Texas

Mer

Reaction score
First Name
Marianne
Last Name
Rogers
Hi everyone. I've been lurking a bit and posting a little bit and thought I should introduce myself. I've been riding 2 1/2 years. My H and I like to do long distance weekend trips whenever possible. I just got my dream bike a few months ago....2005 Honda VTX 1300R and I've been riding as much as I can. I look forward to meeting and riding with other members.

normal_BBBQ_15.jpg

Mer

Welcome to the group...if you see someone riding a red Concours and they have ears on their helmet, wave, it'll be me. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome Dragwn. I'll be looking for you...ears on your helmet...I love it!! A big ole wave coming your way. :-D

I have lots of miles on the back of a VTX1300 Retro - sweet bike! Welsome aboard. Keep warm up there!

Nice to meet you Andy and Rebecca. :-D Congrats on the new addition Andy!!! See ya'll on the road.

Mer

Welcome to the group. Come on out to our Thursday night coffe. We have one tonight as a matter of fact.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Maybe next time...with all this cold weather I've just felt like sitting by the fire, although...I'd certain rather be riding!! Where are those electric gloves? Maybe next time. Where is it you guys meet?

Mer

Mer,
We meet at Shoemaker & Hardt in Plano. It's on 15th West of 75.
Here's a link for more details.

http://www.twtex.com/viewtopic.php?t=2730

I'll be caging it out tonight with the family since there is still some ice on the roads up here North of Plano.

If you don't make it out tonight, just keep watching the board. We meet every Thursday at 7:30.

Pete

Welcome Mer!!

That is a gorgeous bike there!

I think we're starting to get enough long distance interests in the Dallas area to justify organizing a longer rider!

Thanks for the info Pete. We'll definitely try and make one in the future.

Thank for the welcome Charlie and the comment on my bike. I think it is gorgeous too! Have fun and ride safe!

Mer

Welcome, Mer.

You have a great last name... ;-)

Nice bike, too. I like that you've got it loaded up in the pic. SOMEbody likes to ride a lot... :-)

I've been riding about the same length of time as you. Great little addiction, isn't it???

Mer, welcome to the site!!! You'll find some great people here. It's always nice to see another lady join the ranks. Very nice bike. :lol: Hope to meet you & your hubby on a ride next year. Don't be ashamed to cage it to a Bike Night. Sometimes it's just too darn cold to ride no matter how many layers you have on. :-P Looks like I'll be doing it for a while until I get another bike.

Thanks for the welcome Buck....we do LOVE to ride ALOT!! This weather is just killing us right now. It looks sunny and nice, but oh so cold.

Oh....GREAT pic Debbie. Gotta love those curves. Man...I need to ride. What kind of bike are you looking for now that you sold your GS?

Mer

Howdy Mer,

Welcome to the site. Is that shot on the Talimena Scenic Byway? Nice pic. Where is the shot of your Hub and his bike?

Adios,

Nice to meet you Scott. Yes, that shot of me is on the Talimena Parkway. It's our favorite ridiing destination.

Here's one of Randy and his bike (red VTX) in Eureka Springs, AR. We did a poker run at the Blues, Bike and BBQ in Fayetteville that took us up there. BEAUTIFUL!!!
normal_BBBQ_12.jpg

Mer

Hiya Mer!
8-)

Look for some Houston riders coming your way soon. Clarks is calling.

Tell the "gang" up there Hi for me. Haven't seen or heard from Bull in a while, is he ok?

Kobati said:
Hiya Mer!
8-)

Tell the "gang" up there Hi for me. Haven't seen or heard from Bull in a while, is he ok?
Oh yea...A Clark's run!! And with South Texas folk too!! Oh yea!!! What is the name of the place even "attempting" to compete with Clark's? The BIG TASTE TEST is on! lol.

We haven't heard from Bull in awhile either, although Randy emailed him earlier today just to see how he is doing. We sure miss riding (and eating) with him. He needs to be in on the taste test too!

Mer said:
Kobati said:
Hiya Mer!
8-)

Oh yea...A Clark's run!! And with South Texas folk too!! Oh yea!!! What is the name of the place even "attempting" to compete with Clark's? The BIG TASTE TEST is on! lol.

We haven't heard from Bull in awhile either, although Randy emailed him earlier today just to see how he is doing. We sure miss riding (and eating) with him. He needs to be in on the taste test too!

LOL I agree. He needs to join in. Don't remember the name of the place. Haven't been there myself. Rhonda knows. You know me though, the route getting to Clarks is half the enjoyment. Definitely works up the appetite.

:chug:

Kobati said:
Hiya Mer!
8-)

Ah, I thought I recognized your handle. 8-) Come on up!

Mer, did you drag Randy in here, too?

Sleepy Weasel said:
Kobati said:
Hiya Mer!
8-)

Ah, I thought I recognized your handle. 8-) Come on up!

Mer, did you drag Randy in here, too?

We've heard from Mike. He is doing fine. He's been out of town some for the holidays and doing alittle riding I hear up to Clark's (LOL).

Jim: Good to see you here too! I think most of the gang is here now. (Rhonda....Ash...Issac.....where are you?) I'm working on getting Randy in here with us.

I've told Kathy about this site, but I suppose she is hesitate to post since she isn't a TEXAN!! LMAO :-D

Clark's is calling..........................

Mer said:
I've told Kathy about this site, but I suppose she is hesitate to post since she isn't a TEXAN!! LMAO :-D

But she's ridden here... besides, how else are we to recruit new Texans?

8-)

Sleepy Weasel said:
Mer said:

8-)
Well true....lol...Personally I think she's intimidated by all these big, bad Texans.... :dude:

Mer said:
Sleepy Weasel said:
Mer said:

8-)
Well true....lol...Personally I think she's intimidated by all these big, bad Texans.... :dude:

Uh...EXCUSE ME??!! I think NOT!! :roll: WOOHOO!! GO HOGS!! Howdy yall!! Guess I gotta show yall Texans what's up....hehe :nana

Hey Mer, Sleepy, Kobati...I'm here, too! And is that Kathy I spy in some new Arkie duds? It's great to see you guys here. I was hoping I wouldn't lose touch with ya'll. This forum is a great one! I especially love the Routes section, I left a couple of posts there when I originally registered, under the name "gorillahandz."

Hey, you guys gonna try to make the Central TX Meet n Greet they have going on in the Upcoming Rides section? Its gonna be in Hico, close to Waco. I hope to hit some of the same roads we hit last Summer. Hope to see you guys there! And if not, we've always got the taste test rides!

Back