• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Nelson Rigg CL-350 Magnetic Tank Bag Review

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Brewster
I bought this bag for a trip to eastern Tennessee and North Carolina that I took this past week. I have to say that I was very pleased with the bag.

It fit very well on my 82 Seca 650 tank that is fairly narrow and kind of rectangular, but I'm certain that it would also work well on the newer more rounded tanks. I rode the Dragon in NC and had NO problems with movement at all. This is a large bag and I was able to put in my winter gloves, a camera, my Gore Tex rain suit, the liner from my jacket, the rain cover for the bag and various other bits and pieces with no problem. I did not have to use the expansion capability but it was there if needed. I never used the rain cover, and even though I rode in light rain and heavy fog, my stuff stayed dry inside.There is also a smaller version of this bag, the CL-300. Both have a lifetime warranty.

The downsides: I don't like the way the backpack straps attach and store. Most bags they kind of tuck away when not in use, but you have to detach these and store them in the bag. I haven't used them yet to be able to tell how comfortable they might be. I also wish the rain cover was permanently attached with it's own pouch like some of the other bags. That would save having to store and keep up with it as well. The map pocket may be a little on the small side, but I actually think it's larger than most so that is probably a plus overall.

Despite the downsides I would highly recommend this bag. It's tough, easy to carry by the handle and big enough to be useful when a variety of conditions may be encountered.

There are several good pictures here:
http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tank_bags/nelson_rigg/cl350_large_magnetic_motorcycle_tank_bag.html

This is a pic of my rig:

20071122BlueRidgeTrail1.jpg

Thanks for reading,
Mike

Back