• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ramos Family

Reaction score
First Name
James
Last Name
Pritchard
Ruben Ramos passed away in Odessa last night. Not sure exactly how it happened but he worked with my best friend Jay.

Jay called me and told me about it this morning Ruben leaves behind a wife and two kids. He was 29. pray for them especially since this is right before Christmas.

I met him once, he rode with me and Jay the day before I had my wreck.

Ruben wasn't doing anything stupid, just riding home and got hit by a duramax that wasn't paying attention.

Prayers to the family. Here's the news story:

Motorcycle fatality
ODESSA AMERICAN

A 29-year-old Odessa man was killed Sunday night in a motorcycle accident in western Odessa.

Ruben Ramos was pronounced dead at 10:33 p.m. Sunday at the scene by Sandra Woolf with the Ector County Medical Examiner’s Office.

According to police reports, witnesses said Ramos driving a 2007 blue Suzuki GSXR at a high rate of speed about 9 p.m. Sunday in the middle lane of West University Boulevard.

A 2006 brown Chevrolet pickup, driven by Odessan Joe M. Ornelas III, 48, was stopped at the stop sign in the 2700 block of Bagley Avenue. Ornelas tried to turn left onto University and didn't realize the motorcycle was moving so fast, police said.

Ramos tried to stop and laid the motorcycle on its side, sliding under the pickup.

Ornelas and his passenger Joseph Ornelas, 15, weren't injured, police said.

I know for a fact that it wasn't a 2007 and it was a Hayabusa, but I didn't know anything about him going fast, that's news to me.

Regardless, his family is in for hard times and will need all the prayers they can get. Thanks for letting us know.

I know for a fact that it wasn't a 2007 and it was a Hayabusa

The Hayabusas usually have GSXR1300 marked on them - that is probably all the reporter saw.

Very sad for the family.

Truck driver was not charged as a result of the bikes high speed(10:00 news)
Payers for all involved
Ride with the Angels my friend
SRAD

Truck driver was not charged as a result of the bikes high speed(10:00 news)
Payers for all involved
Ride with the Angels my friend
SRAD

This is true, but the truck driver should have been a competent enough driver to tell the bike was at a high rate of speed and know to wait till he passes to pull out.

I'm sure they did some blood tests or some sort of test on Ruben, I hope they got some sort of drug/alcohol test done on the truck driver.

Prayers sent for the family. Regardless of who was a fault, comfort needs to be given to the family...

Back