• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki touring windscreen

Roy

Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Well its on and I am somewhat pleased with it. I guess I am getting old and might as well go buy a Goldwing, Bandit ain't getting any quieter, I give up.:giveup: I am 5'9" tall seat is in the tall position, only screen that is totally quiet is the stock one but I can barely hang on to the bike above 80 mph. Wind blast in the chest is tough and my neck gets sore. The givi was probably the best compromise (Richard (A1A) at 6' will enjoy it I am sure). The Suzuki double bubble looks great but it still directs dirty air at the helmet. It also was not the easiest thing to install the holes seemed a bit off compared the the perfect fitting Givi and stock Suzuki screen, go figure. anyway here it is I rode about 60 miles with it on tonight, logged 200 miles total today to work and to the local dealer.:mrgreen: don't shoot me my camera sucks I know. BTW it is no taller than stock on more vertical in the middle hence the bubble.
Suzukidoublebubblescreen001.jpg

Suzukidoublebubblescreen003.jpg

Suzukidoublebubblescreen002.jpg

Roy,

The factory double bubble shield certainly looks good on the Bandit.:clap: Hope you can find Nirvana with this new shield.

:rider:

Roy,

The factory double bubble shield certainly looks good on the Bandit.:clap: Hope you can find Nirvana with this new shield.

It is not that bad Richard, guess I was expecting more. I should know better by now after owning two V-Stroms. Suzuki can't build a slipstreamer bike. Their Hayabusa is the only thing they make on two wheels that has ever seen the inside of a wind tunnel all the rest are the wind tunnel.:lol2:

If looks could win this shield would win the contest unfortunately that is only part of the equation.

You might consider Dale Walker's Double Bubble. The bubble bows out 3 5/8" which is 2" more than the stock windscreen. It moves the air higher (bridge of my nose) and is pretty clean.

Also, Dale is going to design an actual touring screen for the Bandit and Skidmarx said they'll manufacture it for him. You might stay with the Suzuki screen until Dale gets his new screen designed.

I put the Powerbronz on with the 4 inch rise. Product good. At 70mph wind just hits the top of my helmet.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 934
You might consider Dale Walker's Double Bubble. The bubble bows out 3 5/8" which is 2" more than the stock windscreen. It moves the air higher (bridge of my nose) and is pretty clean.

Also, Dale is going to design an actual touring screen for the Bandit and Skidmarx said they'll manufacture it for him. You might stay with the Suzuki screen until Dale gets his new screen designed.

Nope I am done with the windscreen changes.

I have a Givi as well but was looking for an improvement, the ongoing search as they say. I sure would love to hear from someone that did a side by side comparison between the Givi type and the one Zenman likes with the spoiler on top. Hey Roy, the comment about Suzuki and the wind tunnel was pretty sharp..Cheers

After a few more miles I think I like this screen it suits me pretty good and looks the business.

i bought the skidmarx from dale walker www.holeshot.com $122.16 total.

trial fitment was stressfull, and it needed some trimming. inside corners of stock screen had more clearance, so i used rotary cutter to modify to fit.

img3136ku0.jpg

at the mounting holes front and back.

img3137ek8.jpg

comparison between stock and replacement areas needing trimming obvious

img3131yj5.jpg

clearance needed here also for dash panel.

img3138ah6.jpg

ending up nicely, and small pocket at speed is more comfortable than stock, and i like the racer-type look.

img3139uz9.jpg

img3511cw9.jpg

Suzukijo:

Your bike looks outstanding. The Hoelshot version does not look too much higher than stock. What's the latest ride report with it.

Here's mine - the Givi.

BanditwithShield004.jpg

i like the look of the skidmarx, and its a little taller than stock. i was suprised it actually did make the bike somewhat more pleasant, but it really seems to be about right at speeds over 100.

i doubt that its as much protection as some of the larger flatter screens, but i've ridden a lot of stuff over the years, and I didnt want to have an overly big pocket in front of me.

i've ridden some bike with shields so large, that at speed any crosswind puts the bike in the other lane, and i am trying to keep this one sort of sport-bike like.

at slower more modest speeds, 60-80 it seems to shove the air edge at my helmet, but its better than the stock original unit, it doesnt take much crouching or tucking to 'get behind it'.

it might not look that much taller than stock, but i put some risers under my bars to make them higher, which sort of contradicts what i said about keeping it sport-bike like, but i guess i'm old skool, elbows up high and wide.
the clip-on low bar setting makes me lock up after about 20 min. but i'm good for about a full tank of the gsf, with it as it is now.

img3246yp3.jpg

for comparison a picture of rossis bike, i liked the round look.

img3358sc5.jpg

I have the MRA touring screen on order. Supposed to be 2-3" taller than stock and it seems to flip up a bit. Letcha know. Stay tuned.....

Suzukijo:

Here's mine - the Givi.

BanditwithShield004.jpg

That's the one I have as well, Givi D262S Windscreen. Took about 20 mins. to install.

I'd like to say thanks to Roy for selling me the screen. Also thanks to Phil and Greg for answering all my dumb install questions.:clap:

I'm 6' 0" tall with a 31" inseam and raised 3/4" riders seat. The wind blast moved up from my chest. To the top of my shoulders and to the facial area of my helmet. I think this screen is going to work for me.

:rider: :pirate: :flip:

How much is the Givi windscreen? Does anyone want to sell me theirs? Does it block a LOT more wind than stock? I'm 6'0" and already raised the seat for junk comfort :mrgreen:

How much is the Givi windscreen? Does anyone want to sell me theirs? Does it block a LOT more wind than stock? I'm 6'0" and already raised the seat for junk comfort :mrgreen:

The Givi Screen runs about $117.00 not including shipping.

The Givi Screen is about 4.6" inches taller than the stock Bandit Screen. So it just raises the wind blast up off your chest. If you are looking for Honda Goldwing type wind protection, its not happening with this screen.

Check out this site!

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3107/584/

Thanks A1A!

Is it worth the money? I mean, I know it's getting the wind off your chest, but will it be mid-helmet level or close to that. Screen looks cool. Might order it tonight. Also looking for recommendations for soft saddle bags. I already have a Kuryakin grand touring bag that fits nicely on the pillion for the top load stuff. Want to make this into a tourer. Looking at possibly a seat next, but raising the seat made a tremendous difference in comfort for me, and I might hold off on that.

I'd really like to put the Givi hard stuff on, but have a hard time swallowing the $1,000 + tab on that. Now that I have money, it's that much harder to part with it.

Thanks A1A!
.....but will it be mid-helmet level or close to that?.......

My experience at 6'3" is that is hits me dead middle of the face now. I wear a full face helmet and experience no problems. Even at higher speeds of 90ish (at least that's higher to me :mrgreen: ), there is no "ruddering" of the helmet - it seems to be just right. I also like the ribber edging to the windshield - it gives it a finished look.

Thanks Phil. I should have asked you about this in the first place. Your Bandit is loaded the way I'd like mine to end up. I think I'll shell out for the Givi screen. I'm still going to go the soft bag route for a while though. I do think your Bandito is sweeto! Sweeto Bandito? :rider:

Thanks - but $1200 for all my Givi gear!!! Between that, the bike, and all the other mods I have done and those all you guys are wooing me in to doing, I have spent more on this bike than any other. :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Clearly, I have no will power!!!

Oh well, I can always make more money.;-)

Thanks A1A!

Is it worth the money? I mean, I know it's getting the wind off your chest, but will it be mid-helmet level or close to that. Screen looks cool. Might order it tonight. Also looking for recommendations for soft saddle bags. I already have a Kuryakin grand touring bag that fits nicely on the pillion for the top load stuff. Want to make this into a tourer. Looking at possibly a seat next, but raising the seat made a tremendous difference in comfort for me, and I might hold off on that.

I'd really like to put the Givi hard stuff on, but have a hard time swallowing the $1,000 + tab on that. Now that I have money, it's that much harder to part with it.

The wind will hit you right in the facial area of the helmet and just slightly on the top of your shoulders. Givi is definitely a quality screen and well worth the money.

HTH's

For you folks looking for a great soft luggage system at a very reasonable price (at least 1/2 the Givi), check out the Ventura Bike Pack System. Really great, high quality stuff. Cheers, Jack

Back