PDA

View Full Version : Lowers on a 1250? (windscreen?)

Noise Most Beautiful
12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
For added wind resistance and comfort I'd like to look into frontal or side lowers for the new bandit. I'm familiar with the Suzuki bottom farring and I don't think it would have the wind shifting qualities I'm looking for, yet it takes away from the naked look of the bike that I'd like to somewhat preserve. I'm about to start running with saddlebags and a tailbag and any weather protection I can add is a good thing. I know frontal lowers won't do much for rain comming from the front wheel or underneath the bike. Off subject, I would also be interested in knowing if anyone has found a nice "true touring" windscreen for the new Bandit. I'm 6'3" and alot of the current offers look like they would come up "short." (pun intended) I'm not far from a local designer who designs screens exclusively for BMW... but I'm not sure what he would think of doing one for the Suzi, and I'm afraid it would be $$$$. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on these.:giveup:

Roy
12-18-2007, 11:21 AM
The Givi screen is tall and most likely would work fairly good with your height. I am 5'9" and it did not work that well for me, it was a little too tall was my problem. At your height you would be looking right over the top and helmet in clean air.

Noise Most Beautiful
12-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Which Givi screen? Clean air is a good thing. I sure don't mind a little whipping around but not the full on blast of the stock, it's ripping me off at the shoulder at high speed. Thanks for the reply.

Roy
12-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Which Givi screen? Clean air is a good thing. I sure don't mind a little whipping around but not the full on blast of the stock, it's ripping me off at the shoulder at high speed. Thanks for the reply.

D262s is the Givi part number.

It will take take the blast off your chest and shoulders.