• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Radiator grill cover

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I have been waiting for S/S radiator grill covers to come out for my new Bandit, and I just found this one from Powerbronze on Ebay, and I like it.

Has anyone seen any other styles of polished S/S grill out there?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzu...ryZ35583QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

f631_1.jpg

Merry Christmas to me....

I sold some used motorcycle parts yesterday, and got enough money from them to purchase the S/S radiator grill on Ebay, and I like the style of it, and the fact that it attaches with the two screws on each end of the radiator. :rider:

http://www.coxracingroup.com/

They make one for the 1250, a couple people have put it on and it seems to be very nice. Only $70 or so.

trey

Well, an update for those of you thinking of getting a Cox guard. They won't fit the ABS model. There is an extra distribution block attached right above the radiator that prohibits the top mounting bolts to align.

I've sent an email to Cox to see if they can fix it for me, I'd only need to cut out the middle part on the top of the guard to allow it to fit but.... I don't have the proper tools for that, and I paid good money for a guard that'd fit so. We'll see what they say, I'll keep this thread updated.

trey

Well, an update for those of you thinking of getting a Cox guard. They won't fit the ABS model. There is an extra distribution block attached right above the radiator that prohibits the top mounting bolts to align.

I've sent an email to Cox to see if they can fix it for me, I'd only need to cut out the middle part on the top of the guard to allow it to fit but.... I don't have the proper tools for that, and I paid good money for a guard that'd fit so. We'll see what they say, I'll keep this thread updated.

trey

Hmmm, I guess that was an oversight since I know for a fact he based the original design off a regular Bandit.

I would call him and discuss it with him. Andrew is a nice fellow he will make it right.

I am the one who originally got him to make the guard for the Bandit. I had no idea the ABS model was different at the top mount or I would have told him so up front.

Give him a call and see if he can get it worked out for you.

Good luck.

Re: Merry Christmas to me....

I sold some used motorcycle parts yesterday, and got enough money from them to purchase the S/S radiator grill on Ebay, and I like the style of it, and the fact that it attaches with the two screws on each end of the radiator. :rider:

Ay Carumba Senor El Bandito:

You have this on your bike yet? Thoughts, rocks, dents, anything, anyone......Buehler?

I have been waiting for S/S radiator grill covers to come out for my new Bandit, and I just found this one from Powerbronze on Ebay, and I like it.

Has anyone seen any other styles of polished S/S grill out there?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzu...ryZ35583QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

f631_1.jpg

I like the look of this quality radiator grill for the Bandit 1250. My only concern is will enough air pass through the opening of the guard to the radiator.
Has anybody got this style guard installed and would care to give any comments?
Looks to me that the Coz guard will also give very good BUG protection, as well.

:rider:

The rock that hit my Cox guard would have went through that guard. Gaps are too wide on it. Shiny piece but not very functional IMO. Cox guards are tried and test from the racetrack to the street. I bet he could chrome dip you one if you called him up and asked.:rider:

The rock that hit my Cox guard would have went through that guard. Gaps are too wide on it. Shiny piece but not very functional IMO. Cox guards are tried and test from the racetrack to the street. I bet he could chrome dip you one if you called him up and asked.:rider:

Roy,

Does the Cox guard keep the bugs out of the radiator? I like the looks (Black) color also to blend into the existing black painted raditor of the Bandit. I was hoping the Cox guard was designed to fit around the radiator using the two screws on each end to attach it. Seems to me that wouldn't have been to difficult.
Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking anybodys Cox radiator guard. Just stating it would have been a cleaner all round look and fit. If it was designed to bolt to the radiator sides.

Roy,

Does the Cox guard keep the bugs out of the radiator? I like the looks (Black) color also to blend into the existing black painted raditor of the Bandit. I was hoping the Cox guard was designed to fit around the radiator using the two screws on each end to attach it. Seems to me that wouldn't have been to difficult.
Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking anybodys Cox radiator guard. Just stating it would have been a cleaner all round look and fit. If it was designed to bolt to the radiator sides.

Richard I am not sure why the outside two mount holes were not used but the way it is now you can't really tell it is there. It does not seem to let bugs through of course there are not many bugs out this time of year, they have better sense.:mrgreen: I think it faired rather well considering the size of rock that hit it. I may take it off this weekend and flatten out the dent, suppose to be cold this weekend so plenty of tinkering time in the garage.

Just ordered a silver one. $90 seems like a small fortune to me, but what isn't on a bike?? :yawn:

WOW! :eek2:

Andrew Cox just called me. Part is shipping today. He had 2 silver but both were scratched by the mounting bolts, not through the anodizing. Offered a black or Tit. one or ship the silver one at a discount. Said it'd be hard to see once mounted. THAT'S STAND UP right there! I am going to get the silver one and if it's bad and bugs me I will call and ask for a discount that we discussed. As of now I am not to worried it's going to be a hassle if he is that stand up.

:clap:

Andrew Cox just called me. Part is shipping today. He had 2 silver but both were scratched by the mounting bolts, not through the anodizing. Offered a black or Tit. one or ship the silver one at a discount. Said it'd be hard to see once mounted. THAT'S STAND UP right there! I am going to get the silver one and if it's bad and bugs me I will call and ask for a discount that we discussed. As of now I am not to worried it's going to be a hassle if he is that stand up.

Andrew is a good guy and conducts business well. The bolt areas are hard to see unless you stand on your head. Should not be a problem.

You did tell him you have the ABS model didn't you? There is a difference.

U serious? On the radiator? I'll call him now

Just made the call and they are retooling for the ABS ones and it will get shipped in about a week. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

U serious? On the radiator? I'll call him now

Just made the call and they are retooling for the ABS ones and it will get shipped in about a week. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated.

Yep, I sent mine back to him with it marked where the cuts needed to be. I'll post pics of mine when I get it back... hopefully sooner than later.

*edit* got an email from Andrew - should have it back in a week or so, probably in the same batch as yours, bones. :clap:

trey

Last edited by a moderator:

He is a real nice guy and seems to put out a very nice item. I take back my "it cost too much" comment.

U serious? On the radiator?

yep :trust:

I seen your sig with the ABS and thought of trey having had to send his back.

You will be happy with it trust me and it has already been field tested by yours truely. :rider:

I've got the beowulf radiator guard, sure looks better than my homemade one
pi6.jpg

vDO_.jpg

xD!-g6.jpg

Back