• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3090 again!

pdef

Reaction score
First Name
Philip
This afternoon I was on 3090 headed towards Carlos, everything is going well and I begin to aproach the 15mph 90 degree turn. A huge white duelly pickup is headed the opposite way towards me so I keep my eyes on them.

As I get to the turn I notice that the truck is still carrying a lot of speed. They are going to go straight onto the dirt road that intersects right there. I grab a crapload of front brake and am getting thrown off the bike.

At this same time I guess the truck driver notices the flailing limbs and thinks I am going to end up right in his path so he swerves right and is now pointed directly at me!

While that is happening somehow I still hold onto the handlebars but I am on the side of the bike trying not to get crushed by it. The driver realizes that I am stopped and corrects to the left to make it onto his road and misses me by only a couple feet.

The truck continues down the dirt road as if nothing happened. They don't stop let alone slow down to see if I am ok. I give him the one finger salute, hop on the bike, start it up(it stalled out) and ride down to the next driveway where I park for about 5 minutes and let my nerves settle down.

I inventory myself and the bike, everything seems fine. Nothing on the bike touched the ground and I haven't begun hurting yet, so it seems like I get to leave this one unscathed.

Just wanted to share this story to make sure people know to watch out for that corner even moreso because the local yokels aren't watching for us.

He probably went back to Kott's in Anderson for lunch and talked about the ******* biker that almost hit him. :mrgreen:

Glad you kept it up....and you might consider an alternate route. That road doesn't agree with you.

Dang Philip! Glad you made it out unscathed, same for the new bike. It is just as bad, if not worse, out on the dirt roads. People out there act as if they are the only people on the road. Some will NOT move over at all on a one lane road to give a bike room to squeeze by, but most people are polite about it and some will even pull over to let me around them. I always give a friendly wave, even to the unfriendly drivers.

Ouch. Scary, especially on that road. Not much clearance between you and the idjit coming toward you.

Glad you and bike are OK.
:chug:

Tourmeister said:
I always give a friendly wave, even to the unfriendly drivers.

How many fingers are showing on the wave to the unfriendly drivers?

How many fingers are showing on the wave to the unfriendly drivers?

Hehe, I never give that salute, to anyone. Bad attitude begets bad attitude and the last thing I need is bad attitude aimed at me. I just pull over if I can and let them on by me. This is especially true of the local school bus drivers :shock:

Adios,

hello friends
Yeah, a couple of us hit 3090 thursday. Sitting at Yankees in carlos a couple riding their own harleys with looked to be a young granddaughter riding rear seat with the guy. The girl was the only one wearing a "harley" helmet half shell. Any way he pulls up and starts bullshi*ng to us about some guy in a S-10 truck that passed him and threw a rock that hit him in the forehead. He still had a little blood trickling down.
Thinking that if he was wearing a helmet, no blood, and if he wasn't riding so slow that an S-10 passed him, no blood.
later
Michael

Wow Phillip,

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to save it, not fly off & keep the new bike upright. Sounds like things could have been a lot worse. :eek: 3090 can be treacherous w/ some of the curves let alone the wild drivers and gravel.

Phillip, glad you were able to avoid any damage to your or the bike. Be careful flipping off idiots in pickups. There was some incident that happened last year I think out near Chappill Hill where some guy in a red Dodge pickup got a case of Red *** and I think ended up running over a guy's bike. I don't remember all the details, but I was amazed when I read it.
You just never know what people are going to do.

Be careful out there.

Back