• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New 1250 Bandit owner

Reaction score
I apologize if this isn’t the best way to introduce myself (starting a new thread and all). I live in Dallas, am 57 and have been riding all my life. I just purchased a new /07 Bandit 1250 (after selling a Honda Spirit) and am real glad to find this site. Got a real good deal this last Friday, 12/29 in Oklahoma City then flew up Sat (12/29) and drove it back down to Dallas. Dang cold…!! While driving back down I tried to vary the speed a lot and follow (somewhat) Motoman’s break-in advice (I used his method on the Spirit with great results). Went ahead and changed the oil/filter at 200 miles (Ok – I’m real anal about my maintenance). I’ll do some more break-in and city driving this weekend when it’s supposed to warm up. No surprise that I found the windshield to be almost useless and I need to adjust the bars and seat. The engine is incredibly smooth with plenty of power. My butt lasted to Gainesville so a seat mod may be in the works. Did I mention it was dang cold (25 degrees as I pulled out of OKC)... really dang cold...!! :-)

There are some mods I’d like for the bike in this order.

1) New windshield
2) New muffler – I swear I’ve never seen a muffler as big as the stock
3) Seat mod – stock too stiff
4) Adj footrests etc.
5) Eventually maybe lower the bike as I’m short at 5’ 8” and can’t quite flat-foot it at lights
6) Odds-an-ends, rear hugger, front fender extender etc. etc. Set up more for touring than sport.

Anyway, so far I really like the bike and am really glad I found this forum.

So Happy New Year and I’ll contribute as I get more miles on the bike.

Ol Dave – Dallas TX

Welcome:

Just some thoughts:

1) New windshield - See www.holeshot.com for the Bandit1250 Double Bubble or look for the Givi D262S.
2) New muffler – I swear I’ve never seen a muffler as big as the stock - See www.holeshot.com for the Bandit 1250 Touring Slip On since you're looking at touring bags someday.
3) Seat mod – stock too stiff - Wait a bit - it'll break in. Otherwise, see www.greatdaytoride.com for Spencer's seat mod.
4) Adj footrests etc. - you may want to consider simply turning them over.
5) Eventually maybe lower the bike as I’m short at 5’ 8” and can’t quite flat-foot it at lights - no clue here.
6) Odds-an-ends, rear hugger, front fender extender etc. etc. Set up more for touring than sport. I use a full Givi set up for the bags although there are many options. Dale Walker is also developing these other mods you mention.

Phil

5) Eventually maybe lower the bike as I’m short at 5’ 8” and can’t quite flat-foot it at lights - no clue here.
Phil

Dale at Holeshot has lowering links available. It's a pretty simple install. As I understand it, they are the same ones used on the older 1200 Bandit.

Welcome Dwoodul!

I picked up my 2007 1250S Bandit about two weeks ago (red-the fastest color). Some really great folks on this site. I'm 45 years old and I'm loving this bike. Been riding for about 30 years on 13 different bikes. I'm with you on the seat brother.... I hope it wears in. I'll give it some time since I don't particularly want to give Corbin about $450.00 for one of theirs. I am going to order the double-bubble screen here shortly. The can? I kind of like it (compensation issues, some might say). Welcome again!

Welcome Dwoodul!

I picked up my 2007 1250S Bandit about two weeks ago (red-the fastest color). Some really great folks on this site. I'm 45 years old and I'm loving this bike. Been riding for about 30 years on 13 different bikes. I'm with you on the seat brother.... I hope it wears in. I'll give it some time since I don't particularly want to give Corbin about $450.00 for one of theirs. I am going to order the double-bubble screen here shortly. The can? I kind of like it (compensation issues, some might say). Welcome again!

Hang in there with the stock seat, as I thought at first that there was no way I was going to be able to cope with it, but now after a little over 5,000 miles it not really bothering me at all anymore, and it actually is feeling pretty good, and yes is the red Bandits are the fastest ones. ;-)

i'll second the "seat breaks in with time" story.

i could not believe how hard it was when bike was new, and man my cheeks hurt, after an hour riding.
but as others say, at about 5k mi, it actually started to soften up, and now it seems unlikely, that its the same seat, but its cushy.

give it time, i'll break in.

Can't wait to get mine. It was picked up on the 28th, should be here by mid January. :rider: brrrrr!

Still waiting on my GIVI mount form twisted throttle. No tracking, no customer service, been 2 weeks, not too happy with them, but it looks way better than the GIVI mounts.

Got a Loobman and a digital electrical gauge coming also. No plans for anything else other than rack on some miles. Well maybe heated grips, forgot about those.

...But black is the faster color! :rider:
282628674.jpg

Im fairly new here too, Im 50 and have had my new sonoma red Bandit for 4 mo. 1600mi on her at this time, Traded in a big C90 and i dont miss it at all, So far i have added the givi/suzuki top case and mount, I like it but my son says i will have to swing wide in my turns, real funny, just wait till he wants me to carry his stuff, Ive been riding since 70 so what is that 38 yrs of riding, good grief, well welcome to TWT and yes 25 degrees hurts but you made it, Bandits rock and the RED are the fastest!:clap:

Back