PDA

View Full Version : KLX250s in East Texas

maxrates
01-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Had a couple of good rides around Groveton this week. This is on the Carmona Rd to County line Rd.

Hemibee
01-10-2008, 12:37 AM
More :clap:

How do you like the 250?

maxrates
01-10-2008, 01:10 AM
I like it. On the dirt roads it is a near perfect bike for me. It is so much more stable and lighter than my old KLR650.

The seat bothered me at first but I must be getting my rear used to it. I took a 5 hour ride monday and a 4 hour ride today and it was good. The seat is not like the KLR but like I said.....you get tougher.

On the hiway about 70mph (indicated) is about it. It will get you down the road but it is not a powerful bike......hey...it's a 250.

I may get a second bike in the future .....(Lord,:angel: may I please have a Versys?)..... but the KLX is a keeper. It does what it is built to do very well.:mrgreen:

Doug

Hemibee
01-10-2008, 01:23 AM
I've seen a couple of them at the local dealer but have never seen one out and about so I could ask about them. For the dirt roads and the forest trails they seem to be set up pretty good, after all it's a 250.

Greasemonkey
01-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Have ridden in the okl. mnt's with a fellow.
Very capable bike,really smooth power.
Smallest exh exit I've ever seen.

OLDERMXER
02-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I know what you mean about the exhaust opening. I really love my KLX-250. Mine has lost a bunch of weight & gained way more power. Exhaust, Gearing, Jetting, Air Box. After a few basic mods this is a very different (in a good way) bike, trust me.

maxrates
02-12-2008, 09:59 PM
I know what you mean about the exhaust opening. I really love my KLX-250. Mine has lost a bunch of weight & gained way more power. Exhaust, Gearing, Jetting, Air Box. After a few basic mods this is a very different (in a good way) bike, trust me.

Hey Oldermxer.......are you in the Highlands by Crosby? If so i am in Channelview. I would love to know more about the mods to your KLX.

thanks
Doug

OLDERMXER
02-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Yes I live about 2 miles south of Crosby on hwy. 2100. Can't miss me I live on the Highlands MX property. We need to get together sometimes for sure.