• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayers for a new friends son

Reaction score
Through some very strange circumstances, I met a nice gentlemen this past weekend who is going through some very tough times in his life. This morning, his son is having a very dangerous surgery to correct a problem with his breathing. He is also autistic, so as you probably can imagine, this is a very tough time for this single father and his kids. They are also having a very rough time financially due to some other crazy personal trials and tribulations, I am still trying to digest the details myself, but this family has been through **** and back over the last five years, mostly related to evil ex-spouses, attorneys, and the general bad will of men on earth. I hate to admit it, but I am one of those men, this is how we came to meet. I saw an ad for his motorcycle on eBay, and posted a derogatory thread about it on another Honda forum. Stupid thing for me to do, and once I found out he was selling the bike to pay for medical bills, I had the thread deleted and sat down and thought about how foolish I was to inadvertantly interfere with this mans life. I told him I was a member of a VERY good forum locally and that I would post for him, if you could find it in your hearts to pray this man and his young son, it would be greatly appreciated. I have also contacted the mods to see about setting up a donation fund for them, I know they could use any help they could get at this time. TWT is a great forum, and I just ask now for prayers and support for this family in need. Thanks for listening.............JS

It's easy to say things you don't really mean on a message board and let things get out of hand. Guilty. Good for you for taking the high road.

Prayers sent.

Prayers said.

This is a humbling post. I was thinking of this very subject the other day. We just don't know what someone is going through at the moment when we come into contact with that person. The guy who cuts you off without signalling may be having a really tough time. That goes for the person who dares to differ with you on a forum. We all need to cut each other a little more slack. And I'm possibly the worst at this.

Mea culpa.

Back