• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Color Matched Rear Seat Cover

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
After checking out the new accessories offered by Suzuki on their website for the new Bandits, I saw that they have a new color matched rear seat cover available for the 1250S Bandits.

Apparently it replaces the passenger section of the seat, and doesn't just slip on over the existing passenger seat like one that I have seen for sale on eBay, as I looked at the seat, and the passenger section can be unbolted from the front portion of the seat, and the rear seat replacement cover bolted on in its place, so this may look pretty cool on the Bandit, especially color matched to my the Candy Somoma Red paint.

Heres the description of it from Suzuki's US website.
Color-matched cover converts the dual seat to solo riding only. Replaces passenger seat with no extra hardware needed.(YAY '07-'08 Black) (YBA '08 Blue) (YHG '08 Grey) (YHL '07 Red) (YLE '07 Blue) Part #: 990D0-17HSC

Its comes on the new street fighter model thats available over in Europe, but it is available on Suzuki's US website also, and the list price is $199.95.

bike_streetfighter_pic0.jpg

I does look cool. It's really a shame that anything for a motorcycle these days costs so much. I think much of it is a scam. You know, we always joke about any accessory for a Harley being $100.00, but metric bike accessory prices seem more exhorbitant. A peice of plastic in the place of the pillion that costs $200.00? I'm just griping.

Hey, I'm originally from Sacramento (until I was 18 and joined the Navy to see the world). Spent the last 25 years or so on the East Coast of the US. Key West, Charleston SC, King's Bay GA, and now Virginia Beach. You're lucky living in Ca. I miss the weather still. I remember when I was a kid, I went with a church group to Lancaster and we were diving into the Russian river off an old rusty bridge. Was it the "Russian" river or "Bear" river??? I don't really remember the name. Being from Sacramento, all I was real familiar with were the Sacramento and American Rivers.

Anyway, hello from cold and rainy (gonna snow this afternoon) Virginia Beach, Va.

could it have been Cazadero? which hosts picnics and is a scenic area instead of Lancaster, which is in So Cal?
russian river is up north, lancaster is in mojave desert, pictured below

img1939ly1.jpg

Gosh, I haven't lived in California for so long (1982) that I forgot. I think it was Guerneville (by Petaluma) I guess. I just did a little research and think I saw a picture of the historic bridge we dove off of, although it's obviously forbidden to do so now. Anyway, California is still a supremely beautiful place with a climate I desparately miss.

Back