PDA

View Full Version : Kiamichi Winter Dualsport Ride

ScottH
01-22-2008, 10:07 PM
3 days, 2 nights, 180 miles, tons of fun.

check it out

Click Here (http://www.rideok.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=990)

thumper
01-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Hey Scott, very "cool" report!:sun: Man you Okies are tuff:eek2: I'll definetly put this in my Clayton folder.

Thanks for posting and good hearing from ya!:clap:

greengoose
01-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi Scott - man that looked like a good ride you guys are hard core :clap:
Are they letting people ride out of the back of Clayton lake SP now? last time I was up there they had blocked it off

ScottH
01-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi Scott - man that looked like a good ride you guys are hard core :clap:
Are they letting people ride out of the back of Clayton lake SP now? last time I was up there they had blocked it off

I didn't even look. I was only at the SP for about 10 minutes. We loaded our bikes on the trailer there for the ride home.

There is A LOT more logging activity. Several of the roads are freshly graded. New signs noting the WMA's (Wildlife Mgmt Area) and private property. We even came up on a dozer widening an old road to make way for equipment.

I hope this isn't a bad sign. A couple of trips ago I was talking to one of the locals about some new signs I'd seen designating private property. They said that a bunch of land right in the middle of where we ride had been sold. They also said that lately, as soon as the land is logged, it is sold off. Supposedly you will still be able to ride on the roads. They are "county" roads. However, if you ride much on the north side of hwy 144, most of those roads are closed. I just ran into a new batch that were closed over by Cucumber Creek & Hwy 259.

If this continues, In a few years we will not have the riding mecca that we call Clayton.

Boxercup Dave
01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
This has given me more incentive to get the old 1986 XL600R I just bought running.

Goat Trail Green
01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Scott

I am glad you posted a ride report ! I will take this one vicariously
I am sorry I couldn't make it. I missed a good one :zen:

Mike Green