• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Red River Saturday 2/9

Just a note... This will be a dual-sport ride at Red River. None of us going so far have full blown dirtbikes. Unless you include my DS'ed XR650R.

The weather should be nice this weekend, but this is Texas. :mrgreen:

I'm trying to decide between RR or Cross Bar. If we do RR we'll probably be parked here

White KTM.

Myself, Echo-boom (Rachel), Stinky93071 (Chris), and his son will also be out there on Saturday. Chris we will be parked just to the North of you in the field across the road. Just look for a blue Dodge quad cab, and a trailer that looks like Barney the dino, painted it (trust me, you'll know it when you see it.) On it will be an XR80 and a WR450.

It truly is one of the ugliest trailers you will ever see..

I will be out there with Jr. I will not be ridding as much as teaching Jr how to ride..

Well, we're still on for the ride. Should be great weather this weekend.

We'll be parking (most likely) along the gravel road that runs parallel to the front fence line. I have a white F150 with a black hood.

Look for two guys on KLX's and an old man on a Red XR650R. That'll be us. Wave us down if you see us out there!

Myself, Echo-boom (Rachel), Stinky93071 (Chris), and his son will also be out there on Saturday. Chris we will be parked just to the North of you in the field across the road. Just look for a blue Dodge quad cab, and a trailer that looks like Barney the dino, painted it (trust me, you'll know it when you see it.) On it will be an XR80 and a WR450.

suh-weet... :rider:
I am quite ecxited.

and Elzi - maybe you could get some of those lady flies into dirt. then bring them with you :lol2:

This sounds fun.

Is dirt gear required? I don't have any:-(

Would it be too strange if i show up there with my street leather jacket, jeans and riding shoes (no boots) on my F650gs?

Ben

Ben, dirt gear most certainly isn't required. My first couple times out there I was on a loaner bike with street helmet, jeans and a jean jacket.

Depending on your tires on the 650, your riding options might be a little limited due to the amount of sand out there, but there are still plenty of places to ride and have fun at.

I'll see y'all in a bit. I'm about to head outside and load up the trailer.

Back