rworm
02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh44/robertworm/bandit088.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh44/robertworm/bandit087.jpg
Think this will look good:rider:

rworm

Tracker
02-07-2008, 11:26 PM
depends...did you use high-temp header paint? Otherwise, it'll probably cook off and turn an ugly brown. It does look like you did a nice job of painting.

rworm
02-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Had them blasted-guy here in town does this for race car shop-GRT-on their car headers

rworm

budzrex
02-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Ah GRT on 65 just north of Conway in Greenbrier I used to sell them their paint equipment for chassis years ago nice folks

Roy
02-08-2008, 08:27 AM
My '82 Katana 1000 came with a black chrome exhaust. It was cool until it began to rust pit but that took 15 years for that to happen. Considering the age of the bike now they are in great shape and I have been offered a mint for them but they are not for-sale.

Looks good wrom can't wait to see them on the bike. While you had the header off you should have knocked the cat out of the end can portion. Ditch the O2 sensor with a bypass but leave it screwed into the header or you could have welded up the hole afterward;-)

dwoodul
02-08-2008, 08:40 AM
The headers look great. Were they hard to take off? I had a tough time getting the headers off my old V65 Magna. 'Course they'd been on there for 15 yrs. What was the blasting cost?

Ol Dave

rworm
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
My '82 Katana 1000 came with a black chrome exhaust. It was cool until it began to rust pit but that took 15 years for that to happen. Considering the age of the bike now they are in great shape and I have been offered a mint for them but they are not for-sale.

Looks good wrom can't wait to see them on the bike. While you had the header off you should have knocked the cat out of the end can portion. Ditch the O2 sensor with a bypass but leave it screwed into the header or you could have welded up the hole afterward;-)
I got the bypass-o2 sensor would not come out-started unscrewing /tightening/several times-would have broken off-going to work on it more today-cat was all taken out when i did original exhaust work
off work today/will get exhaust back on

rworm
02-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Ah GRT on 65 just north of Conway in Greenbrier I used to sell them their paint equipment for chassis years ago nice folks

hey thats the right place-Ive known Joe for years and have access to play things in the shop!!!!!!!!!!!!Header coating didnt cost anything they thru my exhaust in with their parts and i just went and picked them up later in the day

rworm

rworm
02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
The headers look great. Were they hard to take off? I had a tough time getting the headers off my old V65 Magna. 'Course they'd been on there for 15 yrs. What was the blasting cost?

Ol Dave

just pull the radiator out/simple job
FREE-BUT ABOUT 15$ FROM A SANDMAN I CHECKED WITH
JUST BE SURE AND USE ANTI-SEIZE WHEN REINSTALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rworm

rworm
02-08-2008, 09:43 AM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh44/robertworm/bandit090.jpg
radiator out/easy access-could not imagine or dont knowif you could with radiator installed-3 bolts and lines and its out of your way
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh44/robertworm/bandit089.jpg

rworm;-)

GregH
02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Easy access to the oil filter, too! :mrgreen:

rworm
02-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Easy access to the oil filter, too! :mrgreen:

I changed the oil this morning:-P

rworm

rworm
02-08-2008, 11:44 AM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh44/robertworm/bandit091.jpg
:trust:

rworm

rworm
02-08-2008, 12:15 PM
ment to get this on with the last one

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh44/robertworm/bandit093.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh44/robertworm/bandit096.jpg
rworm

DaveC
02-08-2008, 12:31 PM
well thats just great :argh: now he gonna be all over town showing them off which well require the front wheel to be in the air! Hooligan!

:duck:
:rofl:

dwoodul
02-08-2008, 02:33 PM
That looks really nice... really nice!!. I like those "unpainted" wheels. Don't forget to plug that radiator fan in (ask me how I know..!!).

Ol Dave

rworm
02-08-2008, 05:23 PM
That looks really nice... really nice!!. I like those "unpainted" wheels. Don't forget to plug that radiator fan in (ask me how I know..!!).

Ol Dave

So how do you know-you 1st-then ill tell ya bout mine:doh:

rworm

MetrickMetal
02-09-2008, 10:33 AM
The black headers look good.

Since you have also removed the CAT from your headers it sounds ands looks as if you now have nothing in your exhaust system to create any kind of back pressure, and if so, I'm curious as to how thats working for you, as from my experiance with exhausts, you need to have some amount of back pressure for good all around engine performance. ;-)

rworm
02-09-2008, 03:31 PM
All to keep greenhouse emissions down-that dont bother me to bad-anything from dragsters to bikes run open headers for max flow-no restrictions-bet it runs better now than with restriction:trust:

rworm

PhilS
02-09-2008, 05:04 PM
All to keep greenhouse emissions down-that dont bother me to bad-anything from dragsters to bikes run open headers for max flow-no restrictions-bet it runs better now than with restriction:trust:
rworm

Unlikely.

Actually, unless you re-mapped your box when you put on all those cool K&N's and gutted the stove pipe, you bike most likey started running "too lean" as well due to all the fresh air availability on the suck end. I was able to put a slip-on on the bike without airbox mods and am just on the edge of "too lean" but am running just fine.

True - dragsters and the like run wide open, BUT, they are set up that way on purpose. FI-Bandits are set from the factory at stupid lean figures to meet EPA crap based on airflow restrictions coming in and backpressure restrictions going out. You have removed both of those restrictions and as far as I know have done nothing to the FI settings. My understanding tells me you may have actually gone down a bit in top performance but have gone up considerably in cool factor due to the sound.

Have you changed the FI box settings at all or have plans to, and, you have access to a Dyno?

rworm
02-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Unlikely.

Actually, unless you re-mapped your box when you put on all those cool K&N's and gutted the stove pipe, you bike most likey started running "too lean" as well due to all the fresh air availability on the suck end. I was able to put a slip-on on the bike without airbox mods and am just on the edge of "too lean" but am running just fine.

True - dragsters and the like run wide open, BUT, they are set up that way on purpose. FI-Bandits are set from the factory at stupid lean figures to meet EPA crap based on airflow restrictions coming in and backpressure restrictions going out. You have removed both of those restrictions and as far as I know have done nothing to the FI settings. My understanding tells me you may have actually gone down a bit in top performance but have gone up considerably in cool factor due to the sound.

Have you changed the FI box settings at all or have plans to, and, you have access to a Dyno?

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/
This is who has told me how to get the most out of the bandit as per-pipe only has to be long enough that when on decel it cannot pull cool air back causing valve warpage-the maps will be very close-rodneys cycle house in Little Rock is there dyno/tech center closest to me-wed or thur should have mine-remember when all emissions are gone you just have a fuel injected 4 cylinder-will have it on the dyno ASAP-they will set fuel curve perfect-and there is a PERFECT and i have put every mile on this bandit it is only for fun-but every performance mod i have done has increased performance thru entire power range oH YEA IT HAVE A bad --- SOUND-NOT FOR A DAILY COMMUTER-hEY ANY WAY MY SAND RAIL LUVS ITS OPEN STINGER HEADER

Hey anyway if i blow it up we will all know you can actually blow up BULLETPROOF:rider: dYNO/HP IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

rworm:trust: